VOOM...NO MORE!!!

nope completely incorrect the father is the one who started it and fought to keep the satellite service running. the son and board members shut it down.
Either way I for one don't think it was a good business decisions to let it go.
I think the dolan's are losing it. :eek:

Either way I for one don't think it was a good business decisions to let it go.
I think the dolan's are losing it. :eek:

while i agree with you the should have kept voom as a service provider its always easier to say that when its the other guy thats losing tens of millions of dollars every quarter.

while i agree with you the should have kept voom as a service provider its always easier to say that when its the other guy thats losing tens of millions of dollars every quarter.

I agree with hbk

VOOM was a money pit for CV... maybe if the produced new shows once in awhile Dish would have kept them as well?

Well it doesn't look like they did a good job trying to sell voom service to other tv providers. Seems like they where just waiting for dish.

Cablevison is near sighted/ New INfo on Equator HD

Ive called Cablevision many times, and the same rhetoric.. they are complete sell -outs the Dolans, they wouldnt know quality programming if it hit them in their Dumb AXX

As far as Voom, and Equaotor HD, they are still alive and well in Canada from what Im told by their PR company. In fact they told me they didnt even know they were dropped in the NY market.. wow!. Surprise.. If I had the money I would buy licensing rights , build some BIrds and broadcast the really cool culutral programming and hip sports, documentaries that these guys produced.. while here in the US all we can get is Hollywood SHXX ALa Spielberg.. no wonder the rest of the world looks at like we are Cavemen. becoz we watch FXXXXXX Caveman programming.. a DUH!! wake up DOLAN!!!

Ive called Cablevision many times, and the same rhetoric.. they are complete sell -outs the Dolans, they wouldnt know quality programming if it hit them in their Dumb AXX

As far as Voom, and Equaotor HD, they are still alive and well in Canada from what Im told by their PR company. In fact they told me they didnt even know they were dropped in the NY market.. wow!. Surprise.. If I had the money I would buy licensing rights , build some BIrds and broadcast the really cool culutral programming and hip sports, documentaries that these guys produced.. while here in the US all we can get is Hollywood SHXX ALa Spielberg.. no wonder the rest of the world looks at like we are Cavemen. becoz we watch FXXXXXX Caveman programming.. a DUH!! wake up DOLAN!!!

Since you say "the Dolans, they wouldnt know quality programming if it hit them in their Dumb AXX", the same could be said about their ability to hire a decent PR firm. After all, it can't be much of a public relations outfit if it was unaware the network was no longer available in the tri-state area...., professionals are paid to be on top of little things like that, you know.

And according to VOOM's website, they are seen in 35 countries in both Europe and Asia - no mention about Canada. Maybe the PR firm should read the webpage sometime.

Last edited:
I wish they would bring back Voom
I do too, but it's not going to happen. VOOM argument all along is that EchoStar's decision to illegally terminate their 15-year affiliation agreement would kill VOOM. While I have no doubt VOOM could do a better job of repacking and remarketing the VOOM channels given the success of other Rainbow Media channels (WE, AMC, IFC, etc.), they have decided to kill VOOM in the U.S. market and maximize damaged should they win their court battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)