VOOM Not Working - No signal today!!

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
No signal on VOOM today!!

I am getting no signal at all. The quality meter dropped about 13 but the strength has remained above 50. Anyone else?

VOOM Not Working

My VOOM is not working today. I am getting no satellite channels. Is anyone else having a similar problem ?

I just checked the signal on my E* (61.5) dish and it seems to be working fine. I'll take a look at the V* dish to see if snow or ice has accumulated.

It looks like the VOOM dish has caught some ice. Not at the center but in the lower part of the Dish. I have to look at the E* dish again.

Reporting from NYC...It looks like the E* dish has more snow/ice but still performing well while the V* dish has less and it's not performing.

Attachments

• MVC-512F.JPG
    MVC-512F.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 214
  • MVC-513F.JPG
    MVC-513F.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 221
  • MVC-514F.JPG
    MVC-514F.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 224
Sean,

Your new avatar is... interesting.

Working here fine in colder & snowier New England.

Tim

FYI: just lost all (more or less) sat channels at 1 pm I am in
northern jersey,snow rain ice. i also have D*- still have it all but
a 65 signal where i usually have high 90's(will lose picture on that
when it hits 45 or so) so i have to deduce the signal of my VOOM is
just not as strong on best days i get a 43 qual strenth 58 where
when i had dish 61.5 i had 100 out of 125, i know they aren't equal
but i have a clear shot at the Bird--or the LNB style led to more
ice -snow formation then the one on D*..i still have OTA on voom

It seems the lower FEC is casuing VOOM to perform worse in bad weather that E* & D*

Voom uses 5/6 FEC and E* & D* use 2/3 FEC. I have seen reports where weather will knock out Voom but not E* when they are on the same dish on AVS.

Well, it is gone again...More snow has been falling. The E* dish still going strong; I have not seen a drop on E*. It is quite ridiculous that I heard some people say that you need to clean the V* dish. That to me is no good. Not in the middle of a storm I am going to climb two stories up and clean the V* dish. This to me indicates more problems with this V* dish.

Had a major storm here in oregon a few weeks ago, 2 feet in a day and a half. Have never had any signal issues on the sat channels which leads me to believe its nor weather related

Did you have only snow or ice as well? I think that problem here is that the dish has iced in the front plate besides the snow. It has come back for me again but it has been a rollercoaster today. I also had snow storms before and did not have problems but this one has brought the ice as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts