Voom offer I received

M

Mystikal

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 6, 2004
Hey folks, I'm obviously new here. Thanks for the welcome in advance.

I've been pricing out satellite plans for my hdtvs. I gotta watch the Pistons play run to the championships in HD so I'm checking out Voom. The offer I received today was basically all upfront fees waived and I can get the basic package for $40 a month. Adding the HBO package and other service fees came to $65 per month. Is this what I should expect?

D

DIGITAL~DAN

Supporting Founder
Mar 9, 2004
WILMINGTON,N.C
call voom again and ask them for the vava voom package for 79.90 a month and $9.50 a month rental fee and 5.00 mirroring fee per receiver . This package will give you all of the channels except playboy hot hd and the price will be locked untill jan 2005. WELCOME TO THE VOOM REVOLUTION

R

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 1, 2004
Detroit
Don't forget to add in the cost of STB rental ($9.95 for the first and the $9.95 plus $5 mirror fee for the second).

I have the basics plus HBO pack and two receivers and my bill comes to around $88.

I'd love to get VaVaVoom but I don't watch enough to warrant the extra $25 or so.

HeavyC

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2004
rollerfink said:
Don't forget to add in the cost of STB rental ($9.95 for the first and the $9.95 plus $5 mirror fee for the second).

I have the basics plus HBO pack and two receivers and my bill comes to around $88.

I'd love to get VaVaVoom but I don't watch enough to warrant the extra $25 or so.

That's exactly what I did. I don't watch TV enough to warrant the extra 25 bucks. I really don't watch HBO enough to warrant keeping it, but there's so much good stuff on there I don't think I could bring myself to dump it.

R

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 1, 2004
Detroit
HeavyC said:
That's exactly what I did. I don't watch TV enough to warrant the extra 25 bucks. I really don't watch HBO enough to warrant keeping it, but there's so much good stuff on there I don't think I could bring myself to dump it.

Yeah me too. I keep it for the Sopranos really. Once that season ends I think I'm going to switch to the Starz/Encore pack and see how that is.

M

Mystikal

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 6, 2004
I'm not sure if I want Va Va Voom. I need HBO because..well, it's not TV... it's HBO. I'm also not sure if I want two receivers or one. Only me in the house so I don't need to have both HDTVs running the stuff.

The guy was also insistent that my total fees for one receiver with Voom and HBO would be $65 per month. I assume that it already included the $10 fee for the receiver.

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Mystikal said:
I'm not sure if I want Va Va Voom. I need HBO because..well, it's not TV... it's HBO. I'm also not sure if I want two receivers or one. Only me in the house so I don't need to have both HDTVs running the stuff.

The guy was also insistent that my total fees for one receiver with Voom and HBO would be $65 per month. I assume that it already included the $10 fee for the receiver.

Keep in mind that the installation fee right now is $0 but if you add a receiver later on it will cost over $200 for installation.

You might want to ask if the rental fee is included.

R

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 1, 2004
Detroit
Mystikal said:

Yeah, I guess that's right -- $40 + $15 + $10 -- plus a buck or two for tax.

skakusha

skakusha

Supporting Founder / Pub
Supporting Founder
May 4, 2004
Thanks for the info. Voom will be installed for me on May 21st, and I called to ordered two receivers. As per your post, the CSR mentioned, on his own, that by having installation for two boxes now, I will save the $200 charge in the future. The CSR said I can always send a box back and keep one. I was not informed of this when I first ordered my service.

Thanks for the good advice!