Voom offer I received

Mystikal

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Hey folks, I'm obviously new here. Thanks for the welcome in advance.

I've been pricing out satellite plans for my hdtvs. I gotta watch the Pistons play run to the championships in HD so I'm checking out Voom. The offer I received today was basically all upfront fees waived and I can get the basic package for $40 a month. Adding the HBO package and other service fees came to $65 per month. Is this what I should expect?

call voom again and ask them for the vava voom package for 79.90 a month and $9.50 a month rental fee and 5.00 mirroring fee per receiver . This package will give you all of the channels except playboy hot hd and the price will be locked untill jan 2005. WELCOME TO THE VOOM REVOLUTION

Don't forget to add in the cost of STB rental ($9.95 for the first and the $9.95 plus $5 mirror fee for the second).

I have the basics plus HBO pack and two receivers and my bill comes to around $88.

I'd love to get VaVaVoom but I don't watch enough to warrant the extra $25 or so.

rollerfink said:
Don't forget to add in the cost of STB rental ($9.95 for the first and the $9.95 plus $5 mirror fee for the second).

I have the basics plus HBO pack and two receivers and my bill comes to around $88.

I'd love to get VaVaVoom but I don't watch enough to warrant the extra $25 or so.

That's exactly what I did. I don't watch TV enough to warrant the extra 25 bucks. I really don't watch HBO enough to warrant keeping it, but there's so much good stuff on there I don't think I could bring myself to dump it.

HeavyC said:
That's exactly what I did. I don't watch TV enough to warrant the extra 25 bucks. I really don't watch HBO enough to warrant keeping it, but there's so much good stuff on there I don't think I could bring myself to dump it.

Yeah me too. I keep it for the Sopranos really. Once that season ends I think I'm going to switch to the Starz/Encore pack and see how that is.

I'm not sure if I want Va Va Voom. I need HBO because..well, it's not TV... it's HBO. I'm also not sure if I want two receivers or one. Only me in the house so I don't need to have both HDTVs running the stuff.

The guy was also insistent that my total fees for one receiver with Voom and HBO would be $65 per month. I assume that it already included the $10 fee for the receiver.

Mystikal said:
I'm not sure if I want Va Va Voom. I need HBO because..well, it's not TV... it's HBO. I'm also not sure if I want two receivers or one. Only me in the house so I don't need to have both HDTVs running the stuff.

The guy was also insistent that my total fees for one receiver with Voom and HBO would be $65 per month. I assume that it already included the $10 fee for the receiver.

Keep in mind that the installation fee right now is $0 but if you add a receiver later on it will cost over $200 for installation.

You might want to ask if the rental fee is included.

Mystikal said:

Yeah, I guess that's right -- $40 + $15 + $10 -- plus a buck or two for tax.

Thanks for the info. Voom will be installed for me on May 21st, and I called to ordered two receivers. As per your post, the CSR mentioned, on his own, that by having installation for two boxes now, I will save the $200 charge in the future. The CSR said I can always send a box back and keep one. I was not informed of this when I first ordered my service.

Thanks for the good advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)