Voom offers 39 HD Channels by 2/2/04

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
21 Voom exclusives channels.
Now 18 more to go.

1. Starz HD W
2. Starz HD E
3. SHO HD W
4. SHO HD E
5. TMC HD E are the channels so far.

We have 13 more to go and what are they going to be? Are they going to count the OTA signals like NBC, CBS, ABC, UPN and WB.

6. HBO W
7. HBO E
8. Cinemax HD W
9. Cinemax HD E
10 though 18?

Sean, and everyone else's predations. List your 18.

No, they cannot count OTA channels.

You missed NFL-HD, although is only 1 hour a week.

Then we should get:

201 HBO HD East
202 HBO HD West
221 Cinemax HD East
222 Cinemax HD West
281 InHD
282 InHD 2
301 ESPN HD
321 NBA-TV HD
501 Bravo HD+
701 Adult PPV HD

The East and West version of a channel should not be counted as one since it is the same channel (just 3 hours behind). So I would not consider this an entire new channel. Maybe VOOM is looking at it this way, but I am not.

Thus,

already in VOOM:
1.Starz-HD
2.SHO-HD
3.TMC-HD
4.NFL-HD
5.Discovery HD Theater

Coming Soon...
6.HBO-HD
7.Cinemax-HD
8.InHD
9.InHD 2
10.ESPN-HD
11.NBA-TV HD
12.Bravo HD+
13.Playboy-HD

This means 6 more channels that we know nothing about.

Maybe:

14.Disney-HD
15.MTV-HD
16.HDnet
17.HDnet Movies
18.??????????
19.??????????

Yeah, I know what you are going to say about HDnet and HDnet movies-It will never appear in VOOM. But who has officially said that it will not. Can someone point me to an official source that states this? Let's not just rely on rumors.

Here's a question for all VOOMERS or future VOOMERS: If VOOM delivers the 13 HD channels that I mentioned above, plus the East and West version of cinemax, showtime, HBO, and Starz, plus the 21 exclusive HD channels by 2/1/04, will you stay with VOOM?

Will you decision also be based on what E* or D* can deliver by the same time or would you rather have an HD PVR?

More required channels,

ESPN-HD
Discovery-HD

Must hav's in my book. I plan to dump my dtv-hd unit after this football seasion but if voom does not get it's sports up-to-date by next seasion (fall) then it will be a swap the other way as I am sure by then either d* or E* will have better fair then now + the ones I listed above. I am sure that there are just as many nba, nhl & mlb people out there as well that feel like me, if they have to pick one HD system then it MUST have there sports interests.

Just my 2c
GG

I am not really a big sports fan so ESPN-HD and NBA-HD do nothing for me. I would like to see the movie channels.

I want to see the PVR, that WILL make be dump E*.

lizard20022000 said:
I am not really a big sports fan so ESPN-HD and NBA-HD do nothing for me. I would like to see the movie channels.

I want to see the PVR, that WILL make be dump E*.

I agree that a working, stable HD DVR with manual control of adding of OTA channels will easily get me to switch once the full compliment of channels are up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)