Voom only in 16:9 ratio?

acpmadness

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
Sup, just got Voom today (just hours ago, info is all still loading). I got a Sony Wega HS510.... it's 4:3 ratio tv. I see that voom is in 16:9, is there any way to make it 4:3? Thanx in advance.

Press Voom button>press green button>go to systems settings>choose the #1 option and play around with the screen sizes...

yeah i did but that didn't fill the screen.... stayed 16:9 and just chopped the ends off and stuff

I had the same experience

Any true HD content will have black bars above and below the picture if displayed on a 4:3 screen. What used to upset me was when I watched the SD content that should fit my 4:3 screen, I had black bars on all four sides.

You need to flip down the cover on the bottom right and press the red button. That will cycle you throught the resolution output option of the voom receiver. If you set it to "native", then the high res will display properly (provided you are properly connected to a suitable monitor) and the SD content will fill your screen, no black bars.

Read the "how to" section of the forum for more on this:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=2052

Non 720p Display

Most 4:3 displays are not capable of receiving 720p. If in native mode and a Fox or ABC broadcast is received what will happen to these 4:3 or (even 16:9 displays) that don't accept 720p.

John

thanx TechCop, i'll try that.

Most 4:3 displays are not capable of receiving 720p.

Mine is, i got 480p,720p and 1080i. 480p and 720p work because i got an xbox with component cables, I've tested it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)