Voom ? Pixels

GaryZ06

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Hey guys you have a great and very informative site.I have had Voom for about a month and have run into only one problem.When watching satellite channels the picture pixelates more than I would like....It will be perfect then out of nowhere it starts to pixelate to where I can't watch.This is when it is clear and sunny outside.My signal strength is always 95-97....but then boom it pixelates.My box came with the new 5.68 software.They made an appointment for me to change the box and LNB but the company never shows so they got me another company....I am waiting for Voom to send the box.Do you guys have any ideas or is this normal? Voom when not pixelalating looks amazing on my plasma.Thanks in advance.

GaryZ06,
Welcome to the forum!

If these are tiny mosaic-like pixels - could be compression artifacts, especially during explosive fast-action scenes. Probably unrelated to signal strength/quality.

If these are bigger blocks, often accompanied by freezing picture - these are usually caused by reception problems. If the signal is strong most of the time, make sure you don't have any trees in the line of sight.

May I suggest you post your further questions in the VOOM forum. There are much more members there at any given moment, so you would have your questions answered much quicker.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)