VOOM POLL--What's the market??

rang1995

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Bergen co NJ
Vooms market??..poll
i posted this on yahoo and AVS but would like for Voom to see this so please participate..thanks..

I think the question for Voom is WHAT'S YOUR MARKET?? I think by
this board,and others, it's the upscale market with HDTV, first
timers(people who get cutting edge tech ASAP)who want HDTV and some
SD who will use Voom in CONJUNCTION with another service! Hell i
have 3.. why not do a poll? agree or not? the usual SD with some
HDTV or the Cadillac of services,,, HDTV with a splatter of SD by the way
combine some of the other channels so they repeat every 4 hours 2
films and you will double the capacity right away for the regular big boys
HDTV,--HBO,Cinemax,INHD,ESPN etc.. POLL???

why you want voom
1- To use with another service for exclusive HDTV(the cadilac of HDTV services)
2-TO use as your sole provider as long as they give you the BEST HDTV Channels ,HBO,ESPN,STARZ,INHD,HDNET etc and some of their in House cinema 10 etc and some SD -cnn cspan fx etc..
3-Some HDTV and all the SD they can provide, Cspan, espn,cnn,bet,shopping networks,hist,scifi
4-an equal mixture of both
5 don't care as long as you get locals and great Picture Quality

Nice response here -6 votes in 10 mins...40 in 2 days at AVS..looks like people here want VOOM to be a Excellent provider

Doesn't 2 imply 1 is included? I would go with 1 if the cost of 1 was significantly less than 2.

V* has already positioned themselves in #2 at the $40 price point, if they dropped to the $25 price point, I think that they become an addon HD service, but at $40+ they need to carry SD as well as HD.

My current set-up I am using E* as an add-on service for Sci-fi and locals ;-)

Sorry work interupted me there.... P

By dropping E* down to 'top 50' with locals for $29 and V* for HD and a premiem or 2 for $40 or $54, that give me a lot of HD from V*, I get SciFi, food, Locals and can still use my DishPlayer for timeshifting of a limited amount of content. So for $70-$84 I get everything.

What are you paying for E* or D* service alone, with HD and the premiems that you have?

Does this poll mean what you would do at this current point in time seeing the content and pricing they currently have, what you think Voom is trying to do, or what most would rather do? I voted #2 as I think this is what they would like to accomplish but right now they are currently accomplishing #1 to where most would actually use it as a second service.

If someone does not have satellite at all yet they would try to use it as the only provider and most that do have satellite service right now would probably like to have only one provider if it would have all the content that it should have at the right price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)