Voom Reciver & HD Diect reciver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Maybe someone
can help me out , I am trying to hook up 2 HD Recivers to 1 component imput. I have a Mits. 65712 and it has 3 compontent conection on back 2 are 480P and 1 1080i, now I read on another theard about these conectors that other people was using for doing what I am trying but now with 2 HD Recivers, I got them from http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&category_name=&product_id=274-501&hp=search these will work if your hooking up A DVD Player and XBox . I think I know why this is not working but wanted a few replys from everyone else . Is it because the Voom box is always on I know it has a standby but that doesnt mean its off and with the HD Direct box it is off so the Voom box come on and works and when I turn the voom box off and try the HD Direct one the picture goes right out but if I unhook the cables from the back of the voom box the picture from the other reciver comes on , so is it because the Voom box does not turn off it just goes to standby and if so how can I do this ?

Thanks!

I solved my connectivity problems by using my rcvr for component switching. Does a great job, and that freed up the inputs on the TV. Also means I don't have another "thing" in the mix of remotes, etc.

Lob

Sean,
What makes a component switch better? As long as you're dealing with a decent reciever that has the required bandwidth to deal with HD, I don't see any advantage to a switch, so I'm curious...?

Lob

Lobstah said:
Sean,
What makes a component switch better? As long as you're dealing with a decent reciever that has the required bandwidth to deal with HD, I don't see any advantage to a switch, so I'm curious...?

Lob

I guess there's no real advantage as long the bandwidth is not compromised but wouldn't it resolved the issue the original poster was experiencing when changing between stb's. I know what you mean because it happens to me on the digital sound side where I have to turnoff my DVD player in order to have digital sound of the VOOM box come in. Now I do not use the DVD player that much and it's off most of the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)