Voom Reciver & HD Diect reciver

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Maybe someone
can help me out , I am trying to hook up 2 HD Recivers to 1 component imput. I have a Mits. 65712 and it has 3 compontent conection on back 2 are 480P and 1 1080i, now I read on another theard about these conectors that other people was using for doing what I am trying but now with 2 HD Recivers, I got them from http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&category_name=&product_id=274-501&hp=search these will work if your hooking up A DVD Player and XBox . I think I know why this is not working but wanted a few replys from everyone else . Is it because the Voom box is always on I know it has a standby but that doesnt mean its off and with the HD Direct box it is off so the Voom box come on and works and when I turn the voom box off and try the HD Direct one the picture goes right out but if I unhook the cables from the back of the voom box the picture from the other reciver comes on , so is it because the Voom box does not turn off it just goes to standby and if so how can I do this ?

Thanks!

I solved my connectivity problems by using my rcvr for component switching. Does a great job, and that freed up the inputs on the TV. Also means I don't have another "thing" in the mix of remotes, etc.

Lob

Sean,
What makes a component switch better? As long as you're dealing with a decent reciever that has the required bandwidth to deal with HD, I don't see any advantage to a switch, so I'm curious...?

Lob

Lobstah said:
Sean,
What makes a component switch better? As long as you're dealing with a decent reciever that has the required bandwidth to deal with HD, I don't see any advantage to a switch, so I'm curious...?

Lob

I guess there's no real advantage as long the bandwidth is not compromised but wouldn't it resolved the issue the original poster was experiencing when changing between stb's. I know what you mean because it happens to me on the digital sound side where I have to turnoff my DVD player in order to have digital sound of the VOOM box come in. Now I do not use the DVD player that much and it's off most of the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts