Voom Repeats

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dravin

Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
MAN,
No offense to those that love voom. But, this repeat has got to go. 2-3 weeks and I am bored with Voom. At least with cable I get the movie channels, HD discovery, ESPNHD, INHD1, INHD2. All movie channels that voom has to offer....HBO< Showtime, Ect. All have non repeat programs. If Voom wants to keep their customers or have new customers by word of mouth( forget about the patch problems and problems being reported in this group). They need to get a new program director or fix this.
Voom offers more channels for HD, but they are garbage and repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat. For example... I bet I can go to channel 124 Rush and see Motor P.I.G over 75% of the time, 123 worldsport for repeat old soccer games and 124 rave for repeat of a handful of music videos and concerts.
Voom is above all services offered, for more high definition channels, but when most of the channels are offered are crap it doesn't really matter.

BTW If I see that old lady trying to make diving records again I am going to scream!

yea brother, preach on...

My Wife and I just watched "Molly" on one of those Cinema 10 channels... it was a pretty decent movie. I had never heard of it before today. But I do agree with the repeat stuff.... GOOD LORD, its already becoming unbearable after almost 1.5 days.

Im optimistic about VOOM though and I think things can only get better from here... for their sake and ours.

Dravin said:
BTW If I see that old lady trying to make diving records again I am going to scream!

LOL! that's funny! I wish they would change the movies more often on the cinema channels, but I happen to like a lot of what's played on those other channels. They aren't perfect by a long shot, but I'll take them! Oh, and it's all about MonstersHD man! The wife and I love that one.

Probably 5% or less of my viewing is on the VOOM "exclusive" channels. About 20% is on news, and the other 75% is on the nine (soon 10) premium movie channels, which offer new movies in HDTV around the clock.

Still, the "exclusive" movie channels are a nice alternative to have, particularly since they feature content that I'm not likely to have seen recently, if ever. Most of the movies I never would have paid to see, in theater or on DVD, but it's always nice to have options.

Ken F said:
and the other 75% is on the nine (soon 10) premium movie channels, which offer new movies in HDTV around the clock.

Still, the "exclusive" movie channels are a nice alternative to have, particularly since they feature content that I'm not likely to have seen recently, if ever. Most of the movies I never would have paid to see, in theater or on DVD, but it's always nice to have options.

Yep, I agree. I got into it primarily for the premium movie channels. No other service available to me has it for what V* charges.

The exclusive movie channels I view as having 10 channels of HDNET movies at my fingertips. I knew ahead of time I would view them as much as HDNET movies, which is rarely. V* could easily combine those ten into five and still get enough rotation to please everyone.

I'm sure that over time, with feedback from the customer base as it grows, that hopefully they'll make adjustments to programming. I'm also aware that there is just so much stuff thats HD or film thats been converted to this point thats it's impossible to have endless new programming.

Dravin said:
MAN,
No offense to those that love voom. But, this repeat has got to go. 2-3 weeks and I am bored with Voom. BTW If I see that old lady trying to make diving records again I am going to scream!

exactly how i feel. i love voom and hdtv too. but i think everyone gets a lil tired after seeing the same music video over and over and over and over.
i can tell u exactly what video comes after another..heck i can even name the time too. 6.30am central...usher performs live..then the switchfoot - meant to live..video. i seen 3 hip hop / rap videos. mary j - no more drama, roscoe - smooth sailing, and 50 cent - p.i.m.p. now i knoww that there has to be more than out there. i can understand if they are lookin for strictly hdtv but most of those are "enchanced for hdtv"

why does voom have to go all the way to 1850 to find movies. arent any "recent" onces they can get :confused:

babyj said:
exactly how i feel. i love voom and hdtv too. but i think everyone gets a lil tired after seeing the same music video over and over and over and over.
i can tell u exactly what video comes after another..heck i can even name the time too. 6.30am central...usher performs live..then the switchfoot - meant to live..video. i seen 3 hip hop / rap videos. mary j - no more drama, roscoe - smooth sailing, and 50 cent - p.i.m.p. now i knoww that there has to be more than out there. i can understand if they are lookin for strictly hdtv but most of those are "enchanced for hdtv"

why does voom have to go all the way to 1850 to find movies. arent any "recent" onces they can get :confused:

HD content is not easy to get. IMHO, VOOM is doing better than any provider I know to get content to these channels. The situation with recent Movies is that most of those are licensed or have agreements with your premium movie channels like HBO, Starz, etc. I agree that they probably could get more recent movies like the movies shown in their own AMC channel. However, you also have to pay $$ to get the right to transfer these movies to HD. The HD Transfer takes time as well. In conclusion, there are more variables that determine which movie makes it to Cinema 10. I can't wait for example to see all the Clint Eastwoods Western in HD. Such as, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly- one of my favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)