VOOM Satellite Service to Dramatically Increase to Over 70 HD channels by March 2005

I don't see any mention of upgrading the current 18" dish to handle this extra capacity from two satellites. I hope it means we get the upgrade soon.

How about just 50 HD channels but GIVE EVERY CHANNEL 20 MBPS? How about coughing up the dough to get hdnet and inhd? Mr Dolan, for 1yr+ you've been bragging about 39HD channels and yet people haven't exactly been beating down your door. So 30 more channels of the same won't do it.

Now we are only missing E* to come out with their own release and we'll all be happy again in waiting mode. I guess VOOM found the money to contract those satellites since in Form 10, it was stated that they did not have any money to do it. The race is on guys. Who will deliver first is the question? Will it be D*/V* or possibly E*?

Competition is great, isn't it? :)

Does this mean we will be getting the elliptical dish soon ? I saw nothing on that, but it implies we will need it. Any thoughts ?

They are talking about adding channels in March, which means they have plenty of time to upgrade dishes. Plus, if they do this right (from a business standpoint, not from the customer's view) they will roll it out, with only a few channels on the 2nd bird to start with, so the people without it will not be to upset.

Just wonder if the elliptical dish would be weaker or stronger at recieving up here in th balmy NW....

Wow

I am so happy i could cry these is the best news so far, Voom is not dead yet give it up for Dolan he is still in the game and hopefully for Dolan he rolls 7 or Eleven all the time. :D

Lucky said:
Does this mean we will be getting the elliptical dish soon ? I saw nothing on that, but it implies we will need it. Any thoughts ?
I was thinking that very same thing...
CraziFuzzy said:
They are talking about adding channels in March, which means they have plenty of time to upgrade dishes.
Not to be the wet blanket, but didn't VOOM announce plans to implement the bigger dish, SES Americom, MPEG-4/WM9 and add more SD/HD channels way back May/June? Talk is cheap. I'll hold off singing Happy Days until they follow through and produce.

I think it will happen i really truly believe Dolan will have all the channels running in March if he doesn't allot of people in here will be moaning and griping about what didn't happen. :D

It's very interesting to see this news, knowing that D* has promised additional HD channels are possible in April 2005 with the launch of their new satellites. Now Voom comes out with their blockbuster announcement, but they are targeting March. This is putting some fun back into being a Voomer, but riff is right about talk vs. action.

It all sounds pretty good, and I hope it comes true. I also think we could make a book out of SonicRob posts and sell it as a viable treatment for depression. Just wait till he actually pulls the trigger and gets Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)