VOOM says "black out" problem wide spread today

F

faithntim

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 27, 2003
Granger, Indiana
About 1 week ago my Voom (DVI) started blacking out on occasion, maybe 2 or 3x each hour. Since last night, it started doing it every 2 seconds (literally). It was still doing it tonight when I got home, so I called Voom (on hold 28 minutes by the way). The CSR said, after another 4 or 5 minutes on hold, that this is a widespread problem today. He is "escalating" it - whatever that means - and if I still have the problem tomorrow to call back.

Just on a fluke, I unplugged the unit after hanging up for awhile. When I plugged it back in, the problem was gone. Go figure. You would think the CSR would have recommended that.

Anyone else having this problem?

M

Mr. Biggles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2004
DVI to my PJ has never experienced any blackouts whatsoever despite it being an acknowledged issue with the STB update.

Why some and not others?? Good question.

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
faithntim said:
About 1 week ago my Voom (DVI) started blacking out on occasion, maybe 2 or 3x each hour. Since last night, it started doing it every 2 seconds (literally). It was still doing it tonight when I got home, so I called Voom (on hold 28 minutes by the way). The CSR said, after another 4 or 5 minutes on hold, that this is a widespread problem today. He is "escalating" it - whatever that means - and if I still have the problem tomorrow to call back.

Just on a fluke, I unplugged the unit after hanging up for awhile. When I plugged it back in, the problem was gone. Go figure. You would think the CSR would have recommended that.

Anyone else having this problem?

my tv black outs are back. I'm using components, and I am seeing them again, about 2 to 5 times an hour. they don't even last a second, but they are really annoying.

DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
My projector via DVI blacksout as well. I monitor the composite connection on an old Commodore computer monitor that I have and that picture stays on when the DVI blacks out, so it seems to be a HD only issue, is that weird or what?

Bilodeaumj

Bilodeaumj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 1, 2004
San Diego
Still getting the blackouts

It was very evident last night (DVI connection). At least 3x while watching "Old School" in HD. I think I also got it watching Poker on the Travel Channel. I hope they geta fix for it...Has anyone heard anything concrete about a patch coming?

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Bilodeaumj said:
It was very evident last night (DVI connection). At least 3x while watching "Old School" in HD. I think I also got it watching Poker on the Travel Channel. I hope they geta fix for it...Has anyone heard anything concrete about a patch coming?

I had them a lot last night as well. See post by HD Junkie a solution is coming soon.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=80844#post80844

DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
It's a good thing I'm recording PlayboyHD via S-Video so I don't get any breakups.