VOOM Fade to Black and Farewell: T-Minus 9 Days and Counting...

That's better. Thanks!

made another change.

The one you have on the voom homepage just starts from the same time everytime it's opened lol

vurbano said:
This sucks. :(

I agree. SUX.

OT
Despite the fact I'm a longtime member of another 5-10 forums (not to mention another 4-5 I've been banned since the 90s :D) I think I'll stay here - it's somehow kinda unique.
I came here solely because of Voom - as a 'forum-junkie', I was looking for a Voom forum, specifically a dedicated Voom one and I found this place. :)
It became a nice place for me and even though I'm such an arrogant person when it comes to strict technical stuff :smug, I never had any serious problem here... this is unique, I have to admit. :)
I ended up as a supporter, so I'm sure I'll stay. :)

T-Minus 8 Days and Counting...

Our Adelphia (soon to be Comcast) HD DVRs sit gathering dust while we continue to watch VOOM. My wife and I have all the important channels memoried (Wife: Lifetime, Soap, WE, etc. - Me: All Channels except Lifetime, Soap, WE, etc.), and we love everything right down to the Program Guide. I tried to show the wife how to use Adelphia's PG, but she wants no part of it until VOOM goes dark. All I can say is she is going to hate the PG...it's that bad. Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! Sigh!

A number of people complained about the VOOM STB, but barring a defective software push I rarely had trouble with any of my receivers. Plus, I could keep these things on 24/7 and they were cool as a cucumber. In comparison, you can fry an egg on my Adelphia boxes. Heck, the VOOM STBs are cooler while powered up than a powered off cable box.

Let me ask a silly question if it has not been already asked...Supposedly it is go black on the 30th....will it be the 29th to 30th...or 30th to the 1st of May....? And THE only thing that will not be good when we all gather for the 'buriel'...this place will be LOADED with f***ing trolls...

salsadancer7, I think another thread clarifies that it will go dark at 12:01 AM on the 30th, just past midnight of the 29th. Bummer, I was counting on one more night. :river Didn't Phil Collins do a song about that once?

I hope you're not right about the trolls, but fear you will be. :mad: That's when we'll just have to make heavy duty use of the ignore function. :yes Vicki

Soooo glad I will be out of town and unable to attend the wake. I will say me good byes to Voom while she is alive and kick'n! :)

riffjim4069 said:
Breaks it? Just doesn't allow itself to get broken into like just about every Microsoft product. :rolleyes:
The point being we get to see 'Voom shuts down in' and that's it. Scott ought to know it if he's throwing the countdown on the main page.

No reason to get into browser Zealotry :). I love my tabbed browsing.

Shawn95GT said:
The point being we get to see 'Voom shuts down in' and that's it. Scott ought to know it if he's throwing the countdown on the main page.

No reason to get into browser Zealotry :). I love my tabbed browsing.
Just trying to keep my sense of humor these days...

Shawn95GT said:
Bah - FireFox browser breaks the countdown timer - I see it in IE though.
Not working in Netscape either. No real loss. I can count myself.

And aparently it counts down to 12:01 PC time ... unless Voom is shutting off at 12:07 CT (my PC clock is a little off and I'm on Chicago Time).

JL