Voom Alive! --- 21 days & counting (post sale of Rainbow 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikeywilk said:
:shocked Voom is over, yes, you can subscribe, yes it still works, but they are done, as soon as FCC approves it. Which they will. I suggest getting the 1.00 install, and keeping the recievers for boat anchors when they go belly up! Seriously, its amazing to keep reading your comments about how Voom is staying alive. IT OVER KIDS! Get it now, HD receivers will make nice OTA Antennas. Peace and Hair Greeeeeese
Congrats!!! What a post for a new member of this forum. Guys, I smell a rat here. Who are you? pradike? red allien? or DobyMax?

rtt2 said:
Go to www.satbiznews.com
look at the right column the one that says Satellite Business News Fax Update

For the day of Wednesday February 1st. One byline reads:

"NEWS & NOTES: Cablevision’s board of directors met Monday and could shut the Voom service down as early as late this week"

Now if anyone subscribes it would be great to get the whole story. But these people have had the inside story for the entire ride of VOOM.
I suspect that the satbiznews probably read the rumor that was previously posted on this forum, which turn out to be false. ;)

Damn trolls

mikeywilk said:
:shocked Voom is over, yes, you can subscribe, yes it still works, but they are done, as soon as FCC approves it. Which they will. I suggest getting the 1.00 install, and keeping the recievers for boat anchors when they go belly up! Seriously, its amazing to keep reading your comments about how Voom is staying alive. IT OVER KIDS! Get it now, HD receivers will make nice OTA Antennas. Peace and Hair Greeeeeese

You gotta love these trolls that sign up here just to "warn" us of things to come. Probably one of those scumbags that spam me with E* and D* offers on a daily basis. In his only other post here, (also today) he mentions that he is a dealer. He probably has another ID here where he is pushing one of the "HD alternatives".

klen said:
You gotta love these trolls that sign up here just to "warn" us of things to come. Probably one of those scumbags that spam me with E* and D* offers on a daily basis.

Probably gets a big bonus for new subs too. Most VOOMers either have or have had E* and/or D*. We've seen them and don't care to see them again.

One thing I'm sure surprised Charles was the loyalty of his customers. Anyone remember before VOOM launched and the E* & D* people gave us "warning" that VOOM would be a terrible service since CableVision was a terrible cable provider? I've never seen one digital artifact on VOOM, although the source from the analog feeds could use improvement.

Oh gees... Satellite tv services are like gold. Its the way things are going and will be. And voom is far above and beyond the rest, including D* and E* "in value". The only problem is... not too many have HD sets, yet. But, the FCC says HD is the future, and are making laws to ensure just that. Soooo, who'd you bet on to be the future gold mine, D*, E* or voom? 24 months from now we could be talking about how voom is buying out E* or D*.

Walter L. said:
Congrats!!! What a post for a new member of this forum. Guys, I smell a rat here. Who are you? pradike? red allien? or DobyMax?

Well, young fella, I am a dish dealer, and also was going to be a Voom Dealer. I subscribe to both dish and voom. I like voom, but reality is, get it now and keep the recievers. They are done. Dish will pick up the HD channels Voom doesnt self-produce. If you dont like it, sorry. If you read my post you should have got that. I guess I will have to start talking so people who are brainiacs like yourself will understand.

klen said:
You gotta love these trolls that sign up here just to "warn" us of things to come. Probably one of those scumbags that spam me with E* and D* offers on a daily basis. In his only other post here, (also today) he mentions that he is a dealer. He probably has another ID here where he is pushing one of the "HD alternatives".

Yeah, Im a troll, look at me, look at me. Cripes. You kids cant handle the truth. Hilarious. Say what you want. Your right. I know nothing. You win.

mikeywilk said:
Well, young fella, I am a dish dealer, and also was going to be a Voom Dealer. I subscribe to both dish and voom. I like voom, but reality is, get it now and keep the recievers. They are done. Dish will pick up the HD channels Voom doesnt self-produce. If you dont like it, sorry. If you read my post you should have got that. I guess I will have to start talking so people who are brainiacs like yourself will understand.
If you were really a dealer you'll know that Dish won't be able to pick up ANY HD channels (original or non-original) that VOOM carries. You would know it because DISH sent this mail to all dealers (posted here by Indy):
CABLEVISION
EchoStar announced that it has agreed to purchase certain satellite assets from Rainbow DBS Co., a subsidiary of
Cablevision Systems Corporation, for $200 million. Specifically, EchoStar has agreed to purchase Rainbow 1, a direct
broadcast satellite (“DBS”) located at 61.5 degrees West Longitude, together with the rights to 11 DBS frequencies at
that location. The satellite includes 13 frequencies, up to 12 of which can be operated in “spot beam” mode. The
EchoStar III satellite is also located at 61.5 degrees West Longitude and broadcasts DISH Network TV programming to
hundreds of thousands of consumers today using DBS spectrum licensed to EchoStar at that location. EchoStar is
assessing how the Rainbow satellite’s flexibility can best be utilized to enhance DISH Network’s existing service.
Please note that we cannot offer the Voom television service via this satellite because the purchase does not include
Voom’s programming, customer list or other related assets.
The deal is subject to regulatory review, and at this time,
we cannot predict exactly when it might close. For updates, please stay tuned to upcoming Retailer Chats and Facts

Well, being that I just got off the phone with the regional sales manager of Echostar, I guess your little mail flyer would be correct. No. Believe what you want dude. Dish will pick up the channels VOOM did not self produce. End of story. Cripes

mikeywilk said:
Well, being that I just got off the phone with the regional sales manager of Echostar, I guess your little mail flyer would be correct. No. Believe what you want dude. Dish will pick up the channels VOOM did not self produce. End of story. Cripes

Yep, and the Superdish was the best thing ever according to a regional sales manager when E* tried to launch that thing and recalled that decision.
Maybe regional sales managers don't know everything either?

mikeywilk said:

The HD channels not produced by Voom are already available to Echostar. Purchase of the satellite may give them the bandwidth they need to add them or they may go in another direction.

Their bird at that location is dying anyway so the additional capacity may only replace that.

Relax!! we will all know in the near? future and do whatever is best for us individually- its not the end of the world or even a graet business opportunity for other satellite dealers.

Indy said:
I used to own a company that was also a Dish Network Retailer and I am still on the email list. I received a Dish Network Facts Blast today with a mention of the Cablevision sale of Rainbow 1. So here is the entire paragraph related to the purchase of Rainbow 1. Enjoy!

CABLEVISION
EchoStar announced that it has agreed to purchase certain satellite assets from Rainbow DBS Co., a subsidiary of
Cablevision Systems Corporation, for $200 million. Specifically, EchoStar has agreed to purchase Rainbow 1, a direct
broadcast satellite (“DBS”) located at 61.5 degrees West Longitude, together with the rights to 11 DBS frequencies at
that location. The satellite includes 13 frequencies, up to 12 of which can be operated in “spot beam” mode. The
EchoStar III satellite is also located at 61.5 degrees West Longitude and broadcasts DISH Network TV programming to
hundreds of thousands of consumers today using DBS spectrum licensed to EchoStar at that location. EchoStar is
assessing how the Rainbow satellite’s flexibility can best be utilized to enhance DISH Network’s existing service.
Please note that we cannot offer the Voom television service via this satellite because the purchase does not include
Voom’s programming, customer list or other related assets. The deal is subject to regulatory review, and at this time,
we cannot predict exactly when it might close. For updates, please stay tuned to upcoming Retailer Chats and Facts
Blasts.

Just to quote myself and give it a bump, this email I received from Dish kind of explains their position on the Voom programming. I posted this yesterday but no one noticed.

Indy said:
Just to quote myself and give it a bump, this email I received from Dish kind of explains their position on the Voom programming. I posted this yesterday but no one noticed.

It was probably noticed but many posters can't deal with anything close to factual.

I have my fingers crossed for Voom-there are many reasonable positive scenarios even including Dish.

Any satellite service can purchase the rights to the premium movie channels that only VOOM carries. I'm speaking of Encore HD, The Movie Channel HD, Starz HD East & West, and Cinemax HD East & West. Dish and DirecTv to date simply aren't interested because 1- additional bandwidth needed 2- more SD channels can be crowded into the bandwidth and 3- PPV receipts would go down as they don't offer HD selections.

The VOOM channels I'd like them to retain are Monsters, Equator, Rush, Rave (only 24 hour HD music channel on TV), Gallery and HDNEWS. BTW anyone notice the HDNEWS Anchor being especially animated and doing sports ala ESPN this morning? Maybe he's audtitioning?

MarcelV said:
Yep, and the Superdish was the best thing ever according to a regional sales manager when E* tried to launch that thing and recalled that decision.
Maybe regional sales managers don't know everything either?

You dont think SuperDish is launched? You gotta be joking. WOW!

Tvlman said:
Any satellite service can purchase the rights to the premium movie channels that only VOOM carries. I'm speaking of Encore HD, The Movie Channel HD, Starz HD East & West, and Cinemax HD East & West. Dish and DirecTv to date simply aren't interested because 1- additional bandwidth needed 2- more SD channels can be crowded into the bandwidth and 3- PPV receipts would go down as they don't offer HD selections.

God forbid they remove any of the SD HSN/Religious channels to make room for HD.

randym431 said:
Oh gees... Satellite tv services are like gold. Its the way things are going and will be. And voom is far above and beyond the rest, including D* and E* "in value". The only problem is... not too many have HD sets, yet. But, the FCC says HD is the future, and are making laws to ensure just that. Soooo, who'd you bet on to be the future gold mine, D*, E* or voom? 24 months from now we could be talking about how voom is buying out E* or D*.

This guy is officially drunk. WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts