Voom Settlement?

BTW I would not be so sure that they still own the programming. the rights may have expired or been sold elsewhere.
I suspect VOOM wasn't much different than networks like Discovery. If you notice, Discovery doesn't make many, or any, of their shows. They're made by private production companies. Of course, maybe the networks do in fact "own" the show and simply hire these companies to film them.

VOOM is gone, but they still own all the VOOM programming so some hope it is possible they can create some new channels using their existing library.

I wonder if restarting Voom or some of the Voom channels would be
that big an undertaking?

Could be part of negiatiating?

Studios are still in place, just open the vaults
get some original programming..

wishful thinking ..I know

VOOM is gone, but they still own all the VOOM programming so some hope it is possible they can create some new channels using their existing library.

Possibly a MonstersHD and one or two other channels. But we all knew that nothing was going to happen at AMC until this matter was litigated (piling on the damages). It would probably be a good things is this matter were quietly settled and just disappeared.

I wouldn't...:eek:
I used to see MonstersHD ads in Rue Morgue magazine all the time and was so excited when Dish got it. Then I watched it and lost the excitement really quick. Just not much quality there.
i don't see it coming back anyway. i got dish customers wanting FEARnet and thats why dish no longer allows me to post links for FEARnet,request it, etc. I don't care what anyone says about me. i'll get the word out about FEARnet anyway possible. thank you fuzzface for being one of those pushing for the channel ;)

gpollock87 said:
i don't see it coming back anyway. i got dish customers wanting FEARnet and thats why dish no longer allows me to post links for FEARnet,request it, etc. I don't care what anyone says about me. i'll get the word out about FEARnet anyway possible. thank you fuzzface for being one of those pushing for the channel ;)

Allow me to join the good fight. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Make Dish uplink a recorded loop of Voom's final year of programming. On a serious note, I haven't followed the case. My question is what is Rainbow trying to say, Dish dropping Voom lead to its demise?

yes they are. They are alleging that they were damaged. If they had scads of customers in spite of what DISH did it would be difficult to prove damages or harm.

VOOM went out of business but the original ownership (Cablevision) is still extant and theoretically could try to revive it. I persoanlly think there is no buiness case to justify it but it is possible.
Dunno about that. A couple three niche HD channels might do alright. Monsters, Rave, and Animania come immediately to mind.

QWhy are you guys so sure they still own the rights? Animania and monsters in particular showed 3rd party programs that are in at least some demand by other programming outlets.

There may be some small, obscure, local cable company that carried VOOM (though I doubt that), but otherwise, no outside provider carried VOOM. Only Cablevision and Dish carried them. Directv didn't, Time Warner didn't, Comcast, didn't, etc, etc

What, DirecTV doesn't carry VOOM????? I'm switching to Dish. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts