VOOM STB on the backcover of Dell catalog

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I just got the Dell catalog on the mail and noticed that on the backcover there is an ad about a Dell plasma and guess what else is shown in the picture; the VOOM STB. I guess Dell gave VOOM a free ad :D
See attached picture

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 365
Yes, Dell has been advertising VOOM in its catalog for some time now.

Good idea for Voom to do. Voom just dont want to give up. Perhaps if they keep this marketing strategy up and particularly start advertising a lot of SD television and the DVR they may attract a lot of customers even from Dish and Direct. They need to implement SD only packages to get the foot in the door for many folks that may not be quite ready for HD yet.

Their Achilles heel is networks. Yes, when PVR/DVR is out, there are many (I mean MANY) E* and D* subs that say their flying to coop to VOOM. But, I still think they need to put up the networks in the same fashion as D*. There are folks even near cities than cannot get them OTA (blocking mountain in my case).
Right now, I have to use cable "locals package" to get local HD.

EDTV is indeed 480p. Dependent on the type of display, etc. most can do 720p and 1080i by downconverting them to 480p. Most entry level plasma displays are EDTV. I have one in my Family room and it does a great job with HD. Interestingly, it looks much better to have Voom set at 720p than to have it set at 480p, even though that is the native resolution of the display. For more information about why this works this way, go to http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plasmatv/plasmatv-highdefinition.html

Ilya said:
Yes, Dell has been advertising VOOM in its catalog for some time now.
I knew that, but this is not a VOOM ad. It is a Dell plasma and the VOOM STB just happen to be in the picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts