Voom to add Encore HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
babyj said:
Hey i am a new member. but i recently found site and i kinda got excited bout the encore thing too..but only cause i was hoping they might add espn too.

but anywho i just called voom regarding the software update. the update didnt happen. during the download last nite it got jacked up. so that also screwed up the encore download. and she said she dont know exactly when they will fix it.

my guess is they might try again tonite..i mean they only have like coupla thousand customers. not in the millions.

babyj,

Welcome. Whenever you speak to CSR, do not take their comments as facts. A lot of them are not told what is going on and they get so many questions regarding the same that sometimes it is necessary to make up answer. I am not trying to blame them but there is a miscomunication problem between VOOM and the CSR center. I heard yesterday that they were not told that the download was going to happen starting today and some of them knew first from the different forums.

Sean,

Ignoring for the moment whether or not such a press release should be issued in the first place..

It would not be appropriate for VOOM to issue a press release to correct a statement by a programming partner. Any such release would have to be cleared with Starz's marketing and legal departments, if not by contractual requirement, at least to prevent ill will. If you really want an official announcement of the one-week delay, you should be contacting Starz. That said, I can guarantee you they won't be issuing a press release to announce a one-week delay in their channel's carriage.

what will you say if they announce ESPNHD on xxx date and then its a no show, and they don't tell us about it.......then what?
Content providers don't announce delays in carriage. That's just a business reality. Dish and DirecTV have had their fair share of delays over the years, and they've never once announced a delay. Announcements such as that made by Starz are intended to generate buzz, to create excitement or enthusiasm. Corporations never issue press releases for bad news, unless they under some legal obligation to do so.

If VOOM had issued a brochure or flyer in a mailout to customers, or ran a program on their news channel to announce that ESPN-HD was coming on X date, then I think they'd have a moral obligation to notify customers of any significant change in that date. But nothing of the sort happened here. The only people who knew of this were the customers that follow these forums or the pr newswire. Moreover, we're talking about a one-week delay here, not a cancellation, nor even a one-month delay.

I think we've probably beaten this subject to death. :)

Calm down and see if it comes after the code push is done..Then you will know if That was that reason or some other reason(no comment).Give it a week

Sean,

It appears you are having an exceptionally bad day. We all want this stuff as much as you. We may be a little more "battle hardened" living through the various roll outs, but it will come (and many more good surprises too).

Ok I am done with this topic. We'll see how things go next monday on the "new date of launch".......

the good news is that I did get the SW update, but on only one of my boxes. (strange) It was on my secondary (SD) Tv so i moved it to the HD display......big improvement in speed....way to go voom! (credit where credit is deserved)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)