Voom to add Encore HD

A sign??

So I am waiting for the retraction of the press release they (voom/Starz Encore) released on March 9th. As Voom is soon to be a public company they can not operate this way.....they either live up to the statements in the press release, or they issue a new one announcing the delay. This is how things work and if they don't issue one, i would consider it a sign of more bad things to come. Promises and let down's followed by more promises and let down's

Seanb61 said:
So I am waiting for the retraction of the press release they (voom/Starz Encore) released on March 9th. As Voom is soon to be a public company they can not operate this way.....they either live up to the statements in the press release, or they issue a new one announcing the delay. This is how things work and if they don't issue one, i would consider it a sign of more bad things to come. Promises and let down's followed by more promises and let down's

IMHO you are overreacting. Stay cool. :)

I am not over reacting, as I wouldn't even be getting this channel. It no skin off my back that they didn't add it......what concerns me is that they are going to be public soon, and investors will not like this kind of situation very much. Follow through on product announcements, or don't announce them at all.

It's a few days. THey are in the middle of a major code release which apparently really improves the box. It wouldn't stress me at all even if I was already installed (which I'm not yet!).

-MP

madpoet said:
It's a few days. THey are in the middle of a major code release which apparently really improves the box. It wouldn't stress me at all even if I was already installed (which I'm not yet!).

-MP

But wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier to announce the delay than to have the CSR's deal with all the customer's calls asking the same annoying questions?

To put it into perspective, what if Ford announced that the new 150 would come out on april 1 2004, you go pick up your new truck on that day and you don't find out until you go all the way to the dealer that they delayed the launch by a week because they didn't announce this delay.

Perhaps you sold your other truck in the morning becaue you were picking up your new one that night...how frustrating......just my opinion

Bad analogy. This would be like Ford saying your truck would be available April 1, but when you got there the tire cover was missing. And it would be in within a week.

Its not a bad analogy.....a delay is a delay and not announcing it is when it becomes a problem.

Like i have said I won't even have this channel when ever it is finally added....so I really don't care all that much....its just not a good way to do business.

Sean, both here and on the Yahoo list you seem intent on causing some uprising over Encore. As has already been explained to you there, Voom NEVER announced a date. It was not a Voom press release. You keep saying you don't care, but then you do your absolute best to keep the issue bubbling. Find me one person who bought Voom strictly because of EncoreHD and it's supposed launch today who is now going to cancel Voom, and maybe you have something to gripe about. In the meantime, you might cut the attitude a bit.

And yes, it was a bad analogy.

-MP

Repost from Yahoo...
You see, you see, this is the speculation I was talking about.....let it begin.....until there is official word via a press release, people are going to go home and look for the new channel, not find it, and then be pissed and begin speculate.....not good at all....by the way, I wouldn't be getting EncoreHD anyhow, so it doesn't matter to me! :)

The press release was issued by the Encore Group LLC (not VOOM) to announce the fact that they were launching Encore HD on March 22, and to indicate an agreement had been reached with Voom to carry the channel. That has not changed. The "available at launch" date was good at the time the press release was issued, but schedules are always subject to change.

The only folks who were aware of the Encore announcement were those who follow forums like this, SatelliteGuys, and AVS. VOOM did not post a press release to their site, nor did they send any information to customers that the channel was being added to the lineup. If customers can learn about the Encore announcement here, they can certainly learn about the delay here as well. Most people were never aware of the announcement to begin with, so having it appear on the 29th will be a pleasant surprise.

No other satellite or cable provider issues a press release for delays, and I do not see why VOOM should be the first. It's bad for business. A one week delay is not the end of the world, folks.
By the end of the week, I think most customers will be very pleased that VOOM devoted its resources to getting the new software update out this week, rather than launching EncoreHD out six days earlier. The software update eliminates some of the box's worst problems, adds a few nice features, and makes it a useable device for many folks that found it inadequate before.

madpoet said:
Sean, both here and on the Yahoo list you seem intent on causing some uprising over Encore. As has already been explained to you there, Voom NEVER announced a date. It was not a Voom press release. You keep saying you don't care, but then you do your absolute best to keep the issue bubbling. Find me one person who bought Voom strictly because of EncoreHD and it's supposed launch today who is now going to cancel Voom, and maybe you have something to gripe about. In the meantime, you might cut the attitude a bit.

And yes, it was a bad analogy.

-MP

You are right, this is not a big deal at all, because its Encore HD......what will you say if they announce ESPNHD on xxx date and then its a no show, and they don't tell us about it.......then what? And as far as the the PR go's voom should be concerned because their name was all over it, regardless of who acutally issued it.

Starz Encore Group Announces March 22 Launch of Encore HD
Mar 9 at 08:15

Encore HD Joins STARZ! HD as the Premier Channels for Hit Movies in Hi-Def

VOOM Set To Launch Service, PanAmSat Will Carry on Galaxy 13

Oh and there is more.....

Encore HD will be available upon launch on VOOM, the first comprehensive
high-definition (HD) television service from Rainbow DBS, Cablevision Systems
Corporation's satellite division. The latest addition enhances VOOM's already
vibrant lineup of HD programming that includes more than 30 HD channels, far
more HD programming than any other cable or satellite provider. VOOM also
delivers more than 75 popular cable channels in standard-definition (SD) and
over 20 exclusive VOOM HD channels created by Rainbow Media Holdings LLC.
Starz anticipates announcing more system launches of Encore HD in the future.

like i said before it does not matter who announced it....Voom's name is on the line when they don't live up to product announcements.

madpoet said:
Actually.. me. I need my ESPN, specifically Pardon the Interruption :)

So now do you understand where i am coming from about living up to product announcements and if you can't then you must announce the delay??

Seanb61 said:
So now do you understand where i am coming from about living up to product announcements and if you can't then you must announce the delay??

Sean,
have you just got your MBA or, even worse, your law degree? :D

Hey i am a new member. but i recently found site and i kinda got excited bout the encore thing too..but only cause i was hoping they might add espn too.

but anywho i just called voom regarding the software update. the update didnt happen. during the download last nite it got jacked up. so that also screwed up the encore download. and she said she dont know exactly when they will fix it.

my guess is they might try again tonite..i mean they only have like coupla thousand customers. not in the millions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts