VOOM vs ZenithDVB318 1080i DVD player

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I will be using mine over component. Many on AVS have said that it looks better than DVI, we shall see.

Well..all of you talked me into trying one and the guy at the store didn't know what he was talking about :p. I hooked mine up through component and it looks great. Even when playing a full screen DVD the picture quality is great. Not as good as with VOOM, but that is too be expected. I'm happy with it so far.

LOBO2999 said:
Ok I have been waiting for a post on what you think Seanb61 I am thinking about one.

Very worth it, no time for a detailed review but it is everything that the AVS people are calling it. Upconversion is very nice and very "close" to hd looking.

for 160 total worth every penny

Would This Lg Player Accomplish The Same?

[I can't believe it I had it the other day -and returned it after I was done- for the purposes of testing the QAM tuner but did not bother testing the DVD player for quasi-HD PQ!!! :mad: )

Anyway, here are the specs, and is made by LG/Zenith:
L S T - 3 5 1 0 A

HDTV ATSC/QAM/DVD Player Decoder/Receiver with a built-in HD DVD Player, outputs 1080i from the component video or DVI outputs.

Now available $449.00 Delivered
Very Limited Supply, Order Now!

LST-3510A Product Specifications
• ATSC Tuner for HDTV Terrestrial and QAM Tuner for Digital Cable (Unscrambled)
• All Format HDTV Receiver
• Hi-Format DVD Player (1080i/720p/480p/i)
• 5.1 Channel Dolby® Digital Sound
• DVI with HDCP Connector (HD Video)
• Built-In Enhanced Scaler
• Front Fluorescent Display for Channel/Station
• PSIP-Based Electronic Program Guide
• Unified Remote Control
• Simultaneous analog 480i output
• RS-232 Serial Port
• Enhanced Connectivity Receives ATSC, and QAM (unscrambled) signals and connects to HDTV and analog displays and other devices via RGB, component, s-video, DVI, composite jacks and RF jacks.
• Advanced Functionality Built-in “Hi-Format” DVD player is capable of multi-format Quasi HDTV outputs including 1080i
• 5.1 Channel Dolby® Digital Sound Provides 5.1 channel digital audio from HDTV and DVD sources.
• True Digital Video and Audio Playback via DVI and Dolby® Digital jacks.
• Built-In Enhanced Scaler
• Surf’s Up Favorite Channel Selection

Can you believe Gochnauer's is less then a 5 minute drive from me and I never knew it. If they have them for $160 I will be sending mine thats arriving on Tuesday back to Wildwestelectroinic's. Unless someoone one wants one for $199.

I checked Gochnauer's website and it looks like they are out of them online, but I bet I can weasel my way into one if I goto the store.

Pic of 3510A

Forgot to attach-

Attachments

• lst3100a_l.jpg
    lst3100a_l.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 117
Someone take theres apart and take a pic, I'd be real interested to see whats inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)