Voom Will Survive If:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dvlos said:
Rainbow DBS should say to Cablevision "Ok so your cutting our allowance, let us carry INHD and we'll call it even?" they have a bigger chance of working that out than HDNet. However when they go WM9 they should be able to house INHD and have it look as it does on Brighthouse. Maybe come back to Cuban and say look at the PQ we can give you now?

I think by cutting some of the lesser HD channels Voom- could up the PQ on some of the better ones and give us the Wow factor on most if not all channels. I do think it's doable.

You may hate this idea but why can't all Voom HD look as great as HDnews?

Seawaves said:
I think by cutting some of the lesser HD channels Voom- could up the PQ on some of the better ones and give us the Wow factor on most if not all channels. I do think it's doable.

You may hate this idea but why can't all Voom HD look as great as HDnews?

And channel 999... which is the one they can REALLY cut off and still keep their "21 Exclusives" ad campaign going. Kill 999 and distribute it's bandwidth to key channels. The common Joe won't understand why Voom know has 20 HD Exclusives and wants to charge more but the "picture is better".

In my opinion I think Gallery and Auction, HDNews look great as it is. Improving Cinema 10 would go unnoticed. Rave, Equator, Rush, WorldSport, and Discovery getting more bandwidth would be great IMO.

Dvlos said:
Rainbow DBS should say to Cablevision "Ok so your cutting our allowance, let us carry INHD and we'll call it even?" they have a bigger chance of working that out than HDNet. However when they go WM9 they should be able to house INHD and have it look as it does on Brighthouse. Maybe come back to Cuban and say look at the PQ we can give you now?

Why do people persist in perpetuating the myth that Cuban won't let Voom have hdnet b/c they don't have the bandwidth? Where's the evidence for this? If this were the case, I'm sure Voom would COUGH UP THE FREAKING BANDWIDTH for hdnet! They would work something out if it were merely a technical issue. No, Cuban got some kind of beef with the Dolans. It's all about the $$$ and the egos.

DarrellP said:
You heard wrong, he just got married a few months ago. :no Poor guy, at his age he could have any and all of the girls he wants.
with his money he can still have them ..lmao

Dvlos said:
And channel 999... which is the one they can REALLY cut off and still keep their "21 Exclusives" ad campaign going. Kill 999 and distribute it's bandwidth to key channels. The common Joe won't understand why Voom know has 20 HD Exclusives and wants to charge more but the "picture is better".

In my opinion I think Gallery and Auction, HDNews look great as it is. Improving Cinema 10 would go unnoticed. Rave, Equator, Rush, WorldSport, and Discovery getting more bandwidth would be great IMO.
The common joe has no idea what voom is, or how many hd exclusive channels it has. get rid of the 21 exclusives, combine and cut them down and just advertise the total number of HD channels which will still be the most and the best content wise after the combining and the best PQ after distributing the bandwidth. Its a no lose situation.

One year from now voom will be hurting for new subs. They will try another free install campaign as their final attempt to become viable.
Two years from now they will not be around. They space will have been bought up by E* or D*

vurbano said:
The common joe has no idea what voom is, or how many hd exclusive channels it has. get rid of the 21 exclusives, combine and cut them down and just advertise the total number of HD channels which will still be the most and the best content wise after the combining and the best PQ after distributing the bandwidth. Its a no lose situation.

This to me this is the only choice that Voom has if they want to survive,
re-allocate bandwidth, dump the junk and add some wow-inhdnet, HDnet and other HD that's worth having.

Well, we all agree on the highest PQ possible.

But if Voom does what some of you want it to do (dump the 21 exclusives and become a "me too" provider), I am definitely gone. I will go back to no TV at all.

Voom's only chance to compete is to offer something completely new and different and go after people who have long since given up on TV because of all the crap sitcoms, series, commercials, and bad PQ everybody else has.

What I like about Voom is how they are redefining TV viewing with different content and no commercials. We should urge Voom to dream up MORE new HD channel concepts. The more originality (and fewer commercials) the better!

If you want the same old same old, go with Dish, DTV, cable, or rabbit ears.

jimboeau said:
One year from now voom will be hurting for new subs. They will try another free install campaign as their final attempt to become viable.
Two years from now they will not be around.

Oh really! This sounds awfully like what many said about TIVO and XM/Serius Sat radio not to long ago. Guess who's eating crow right now?

Mr. Biggles said:
Oh really! This sounds awfully like what many said about TIVO and XM/Serius Sat radio not to long ago. Guess who's eating crow right now?

My guess would be- Lance Armstrong is eating Crowe.

The key issue for voom is PQ. The company would get very competitive if they guarantee the WOW factor effect, inhd, and hdnet to current and future customers.

Jbonds84 said:
The key issue for voom is PQ. The company would get very competitive if they guarantee the WOW factor effect, inhd, and hdnet to current and future customers.

But to really do that, they might have to re-align the HD they now have, reduce some (see above) merge some and get over to WM9.

I am a Voom subscriber and supporter. But, I hate to say it. Voom has signed their own death warrant with the equipment policies of no resale value and $199 for install along with the $10 price increase. I don't care how many consumers jump on the HD band wagon. When you can get it for free and the long list of SD favorites is satisfied, Dish sand Direct TV will be the survivors here, not Voom. I really think Voom will try to entice a buy out from Dish or Direct or even a better possibility Microsoft. Rainbow DBS just does not have the resources to keep pumping money into a sinking ship. End of the year....., end of Voom.

Indy said:
I am a Voom subscriber and supporter. But, I hate to say it. Voom has signed their own death warrant with the equipment policies of no resale value and $199 for install along with the $10 price increase. I don't care how many consumers jump on the HD band wagon. When you can get it for free and the long list of SD favorites is satisfied, Dish sand Direct TV will be the survivors here, not Voom. I really think Voom will try to entice a buy out from Dish or Direct or even a better possibility Microsoft. Rainbow DBS just does not have the resources to keep pumping money into a sinking ship. End of the year....., end of Voom.

A DIY kit would make many future customers happy. Fine-charge for the install but allow people to do it themselves. Most of us can do it at least as well if not better.

The biggest one will be if the D* rumors are not true...

If they are...then Voom will have very very little time to get it together.

I bet D* will offer one helluva plan to pull customers from E* and Voom if indeed all the rumors are true.

Eric_C said:
The biggest one will be if the D* rumors are not true...

If they are...then Voom will have very very little time to get it together.

I bet D* will offer one helluva plan to pull customers from E* and Voom if indeed all the rumors are true.

What rumor? That D* will add NBC HD (subject to tons of eligibility rules, of course). Oh yea, that's a real killer of Voom.

barth2k said:
Why do people persist in perpetuating the myth that Cuban won't let Voom have hdnet b/c they don't have the bandwidth? Where's the evidence for this? If this were the case, I'm sure Voom would COUGH UP THE FREAKING BANDWIDTH for hdnet! They would work something out if it were merely a technical issue. No, Cuban got some kind of beef with the Dolans. It's all about the $$$ and the egos.
The real reason we don't have HDnet and HDnews was because Mark Cuban wanted VOOM to include them in the basic package in both the short and long term and not charge an extra fee for the channels. HBO said if HDmovies is in the basic package then we want to be in the basic package as well. Mark was being very unreasonable at the bargaining table. It has nothing to do with bandwidth or not being Chucky not wanting the package for Cablelvision. Mark Cuban is a very egotistical and arrogant individual IMHO. When he responds back to emails and says that HDnet/Movies will "NEVER" be on VOOM, that makes me seem to think he is unprofessional and immature. Never is a long time.

kfried001 said:
The real reason we don't have HDnet and HDnews was because Mark Cuban wanted VOOM to include them in the basic package in both the short and long term and not charge an extra fee for the channels. HBO said if HDmovies is in the basic package then we want to be in the basic package as well. Mark was being very unreasonable at the bargaining table. It has nothing to do with bandwidth or not being Chucky not wanting the package for Cablelvision. Mark Cuban is a very egotistical and arrogant individual IMHO. When he responds back to emails and says that HDnet/Movies will "NEVER" be on VOOM, that makes me seem to think he is unprofessional and immature. Never is a long time.

That sounds like HBO shares some of the blame. I wish that HBO would care as much about it's HD PQ.

Seawaves said:
My guess would be- Lance Armstrong is eating Crowe.
Is this guy ever off? :) Too funny.

I think what Voom should most definitely stay away from but won't is thw whole local mess. Only reason to enter local business if Congress changes the rules about who can receive distant locals. A smooth transition to new dishes, wm9, and dvr are vital. I gotta say, I'm not too confident. It took months for latest software and several problems weren't fixed and this dropout b/c of last OTA tuned in very annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts