VOOM won't give me back my $!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
They are a bunch of weasels! I cancelled them early last month. SO, where is my refund?
I called a csr weasel who lied to m e and told me that VOOM credited my credit card (my credit card company says that they never did). The weasel also told me that since they credited my account (no, they never did!), they no longer had any record of me! Of course, this hasn't stopped VOOM from sending me monthly invoices!

So, now, I am out $400 bucks. Now, I'll have to file a complaint witht he FTC. Stay away from VOOM! For those who say I should just try calling different people at VOOM, I say- my time isn't plentiful or free! for those on the fence, consider yourself warned.

Rex's secret admirer. Why all the damned anti-Voom trolls as of late? Methinks most are jealous because they couldn't keep enough in their bank account to cover the charges. I know that's harsh, but everyone with the cash to afford the product seems pretty pleased.

cameron119 said:
Rex's secret admirer. Why all the damned anti-Voom trolls as of late? Methinks most are jealous because they couldn't keep enough in their bank account to cover the charges. I know that's harsh, but everyone with the cash to afford the product seems pretty pleased.
YOUR RIGHT. the more channels Voom adds the more trolls will come. But IMO if my Voom account was causing my bank account to bounce I wouldnt be watching HD, I would sell it and get a 2nd job.

dclark,
Call VOOM again, and ask to escalate this to a manager.
Ask for the date and reference number of that credit transaction.
Then call your bank again to verify that specific transaction.
A couple of phone calls should take care of this.

Some companies process credits to credit cards manually. It could take up to 14+ days for the credit to hit your account. Also, if V*'s CSR's are like E*'s, you might try calling back a couple times and find a CSR with a more experiance.

Call your CC company and dispute the charge. Your bank will be very adept in resolving the problem, b/c they handle merchant disputes all the time. I do not know of, nor have ever heard of, someone who doesn't have 15 minutes in their day to spare in resolving a problem. Yes it is annoying, but every consumer at some point comes across a misbilling by a company. Human error is universal, and those 15 minutes are part of the requirement of being a consumer in the modern economy.
Quite frankly, I'm amazed at the level of emotion displayed by people on this forum. I've can't imagine loving or hating a consumer product or service so much as to elicit such a passionate response as from these people.
BTW, Rex, you are quite prolific. I don't think you can look at anything Voom related on the www without seeing your name. I know it took a lot of time and work, and I wish to offer my sincere congratulations to you on your big moment.

I can afford my Voom.
I still have satellite, and cable. Just don't feel like giving my money to a company who probably won't be around in a year. I'm glad you know what I can afford also. Since I work in IT, I will also assume I make more than you.

Rex,

I will assume that you waste more money than him.

I'm in IT but I never brag about the dough. Don't stoop so low. It's not personal. If you hate Voom (and it seems you do) you just won't have many friends among those here like me, who love Voom. Now vamoose!

rexoverbey said:
I still have satellite, and cable. Just don't feel like giving my money to a company who probably won't be around in a year. I'm glad you know what I can afford also. Since I work in IT, I will also assume I make more than you.

With the way you act in these forums, I'd assume you are a patch cable maker that is 18 years old. Guy, I have a doctorate. Don't talk to me about careers.

I also served my country proudly for many years as an enlisted and commissioned member of the US Army. We killed a lot of troll-like people.

dclark,

How long ago did you cancel and how long has it been since they said the credit would be applied? Typical timeframe has been 6-8 weeks. I know that seems absurdly long, but it is what they routinely say.

cameron119 said:

Who the hell are you to call me a troll? I have plenty of cash in my various accounts. This is consistent with being careful with money. I do think that $400 for one months worth of service with buggy service is too much. Voom promised a money back guarantee in the literature. They are not honoring it. I am not trolling, rather, I am INFORMING. Prospective VOOM customers have a right to know this.
Just how many people are cancelling? How many recent former customers have NOT gotten their refunds? What is VOOM's current financial situaton? Go ahead, call me a troll- doing so simply shows your inability to answer the hard questions.

dclark said:
Who the hell are you to call me a troll? I have plenty of cash in my various accounts. This is consistent with being careful with money. I do think that $400 for one months worth of service with buggy service is too much. Voom promised a money back guarantee in the literature. They are not honoring it. I am not trolling, rather, I am INFORMING. Prospective VOOM customers have a right to know this.
Just how many people are cancelling? How many recent former customers have NOT gotten their refunds? What is VOOM's current financial situaton? Go ahead, call me a troll- doing so simply shows your inability to answer the hard questions.
dclark, this is just how many on this forum operate-an attack of the poster rather than the argument-it has been a problem on this forum for a while now and it is turning what could be a great place to freely exchange important ideas and opinions into a 1st grade sandbox-my advice to you is to stay above the fray and don't lower youself to the level of the aforementioned "ad homonym" posters.

dclark,

It is good that you have informed everyone. I had one CSR look at your post last night and she will be more than willing to explain to you how it works. It seems though that everyone here have reported that they got their money back within 6-8 weeks. We fail to understand yet if you have waited such a period. Various people hinted a this or ask directly.

Understand that VOOM will never keep your money. That is a misconception. They will give it back to you whether it will appear on your credit card within the reasonable period or your CC company ask them for it.

The whole concept that this forum has become a personal attack on people is misleading as well. We have tried to keep everything on level and there are still 98% of good information and good people that offer their good opinions and time. Yet we understand that in every enterprise nothing is 100% good.

Sean Mota said:
dclark,

It is good that you have informed everyone. I had one CSR look at your post last night and she will be more than willing to explain to you how it works. It seems though that everyone here have reported that they got their money back within 6-8 weeks. We fail to understand yet if you have waited such a period. Various people hinted a this or ask directly.

Understand that VOOM will never keep your money. That is a misconception. They will give it back to you whether it will appear on your credit card within the reasonable period or your CC company ask them for it.

The whole concept that this forum has become a personal attack on people is misleading as well. We have tried to keep everything on level and there are still 98% of good information and good people that offer their good opinions and time. Yet we understand that in every enterprise nothing is 100% good.
Sean, have seen people called "trolls", "flamers", "stupid", "blind", and many other disparaging names simply because an opinion didn't agree with the name-callers'. I agree that the majority of posters refrain from the tendency to attack the person and not the opinion, but it only takes several dedicated ad homynym attackers to ruin the experience for everyone involved-imo-just look at all the deleting you have had to do recently?????

eschu97611 said:
Sean, have seen people called "trolls", "flamers", "stupid", "blind", and many other disparaging names simply because an opinion didn't agree with the name-callers'. I agree that the majority of posters refrain from the tendency to attack the person and not the opinion, but it only takes several dedicated ad homynym attackers to ruin the experience for everyone involved-imo-just look at all the deleting you have had to do recently?????

Understand though that it has happened in two or threads out the 100 threads that are active...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)