Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

Channels 13-1 and 13-2 are they mapped wrong?

Hi Sean and everyone:

I am in NJ 29 miles from WNET and I can't get any type of signal on 13-1 and 13-2. I have a large directional antenna with a pre-amp and rotor and if I rotate the antenna 1 degree at a time I still can't pick up any change in signal strength or quality on these two channels. Has anyone reported receiving these channels? I am wondering if maybe the VOOM box has them mapped wrong. I get channel 11-1 which is low power from the same distance at a signal quality of 45 but on the 13's the signal strength reads 20 from every direction.

Thanks,
Joseph

jnardone said:
Hi Sean and everyone:

I am in NJ 29 miles from WNET and I can't get any type of signal on 13-1 and 13-2. I have a large directional antenna with a pre-amp and rotor and if I rotate the antenna 1 degree at a time I still can't pick up any change in signal strength or quality on these two channels. Has anyone reported receiving these channels? I am wondering if maybe the VOOM box has them mapped wrong. I get channel 11-1 which is low power from the same distance at a signal quality of 45 but on the 13's the signal strength reads 20 from every direction.

Thanks,
Joseph

Joseph,

no I do not think that this is a problem with your equipment. 13 is very hard to get. They are broadcasting at a very low power right now that only a handful of people can get.

I lost NY/NJ channel 50 the past few days

Hi:
I am in NJ and I have always been able to receive channel 50 OTA. My signal quality is reading 70 but I am getting no picture or sound on any of the channel 50s. I am wondering if maybe my mapping went bad or they stopped transmitting their digital signals. Could someone who usually gets 50 check to see if it coming in OK on your system.
Thanks,
Joseph

Does anybody know just how strong the antenna is that comes with the dish install? The Indy ABC is RIGHT on the border for the range I can probably pick up. Also, when will the OTA scanning feature be available because I would really like WLFI (CBS Lafayette) here in Kokomo.

DBSOgre said:
Does anybody know just how strong the antenna is that comes with the dish install? The Indy ABC is RIGHT on the border for the range I can probably pick up. Also, when will the OTA scanning feature be available because I would really like WLFI (CBS Lafayette) here in Kokomo.

The stealth would work for UHF channels if you are within 45 miles of the stations and 30 miles for VHF. The OTA scanning feature in the new software is expected within two weeks.

Channel 50 back on the air

Hi:
Channel 50-1 through 50-5 is now coming in on my VOOM box. The signal strength never changed but the picture and sound were missing for a few days.
Joseph

I was just taking a quick browse through this thread (it was on the homepage today), and noticed all the complaints about not receiving specific channels, such as WPIX, WNET, and NBC. I am on Dish, but thought it might help to let you guys know that I am in Cedar Grove, NJ on the Watchung Mountain Range (in other words, having a clear view of Manhattan) right next to Montclair, NJ. So, I am about 15 miles from Manhattan as the crow flies. I receive ALL these channels perfectly and without ANY breakups. I'm not bragging or anything; I just thought that maybe a general area on exactly WHERE people can get all these channels CLEARLY was in order. So, if you want all these channels, move by me. :) I don't know if VOOM is different.

Channel 21-1 gone from my guide??

Hi Iceman:

Do you get channel 13-1 and 13-2 where you are?

Also, Sean: My channel 50's have been coming and going and since the guide is wrong for those channels it is hard to know what is up. Also my guide/mapping is now missing channel 21-1... Is it off the air permanently?

Also, on the VOOM website channel guide for my ZIP (07750) they have never listed programming for channel 21-1 or 21-2. Do others get this for their ZIP?

I really enjoy PBS and it was one of the reasons I chose to go with VOOM but I have not been able to watch NOVA in HD for months.

One more thing for Sean, since you have a line to the powers that be, please let them know that the search function in the VOOM website program guide does not work for the OTA channels. I.e. if you type "Nova" into the search box nothing will come up even though Nova is visible if you scroll through the listings.

Thanks,
Joseph

Channel 21-1 was taking off the air by WLIW. It used to be the PBS-HD national.

I send them an email regarding the search.

I live on Staten Island and even with upgraded Winegard antenna still can't get ch 11, 13 or 21. My friend, who lives in same zip as me, installed VOOM today and with their Stelth he is able to get everything. I could not believe my eyes today. Anyone has an explanation to it?
Arkady

migpt said:
I live on Staten Island and even with upgraded Winegard antenna still can't get ch 11, 13 or 21. My friend, who lives in same zip as me, installed VOOM today and with their Stelth he is able to get everything. I could not believe my eyes today. Anyone has an explanation to it?
Arkady

It all depends on your location. Are there any big buildings around you? Can you look fro your roof and see the Empire State Building?

migpt said:
Arkady
Hey Migpit. I live in SI also and I live in Great Kills. 10308 area code. No matter what I have tried, I still cant get NBC, WPIX or WNET. What area does your friend live in? He gets everything? People by me have very little luck with pulling in digital local ch's. I have tried different Ant's ...adding masts...I still cant get the three. I actually had NBC on a couple of nights...but the sig was jumping up and down and freezing. I re - read your post...so you can see the ESB from where you live? See I cant. I have trees blocking me in every direction. The trees form a wall around my surrounding area.

Hey Vinny. He lives b/w Ebbits and new dorp on Cuba st not far from NewDOrp high school. I do get NBC after upgraded antenna, but not WPIX or WNET. Go figure?

I know where that is....does he have a tall house? Mine is a single ranch...so it isnt that high at all. The problem with my location here in Great Kills is that I have trees around me and Toad Hill also blocks some of the sig from ESB to my area.

His house is tall. I guess we have to wait for a stronger signal from these stations. Have you upgrade the original antenna?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)