Voomers Win!!!

Dan Berndt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I have two high definition, state of the are, satellite boxes sitting in my house right now that I can't sell on ebay for more than $20. I've spent close to $2000 the last 18 months on a system that no longer provides service. On top of that I'm feeling withdraw pains from the loss my beloved high definition channels.
But I still feel like a winner. I joined VOOM because I wanted to push the envelop of high definition. We may not have gotten everything we hoped out VOOM but we did push the envelop.
And VOOM lives on. I went back to cable so I didn't have to come up with so much money up front for the HD DVR. But I expect my cable company to offer the VOOM channels in the future along with all the upcoming other high def channels.
VOOM was a great product and I will miss it dearly. VOOM gave us a vision of the future, a vision of what television can and will become. I am proud that I was a part of this venture and I think those that tried so hard for so long to destroy VOOM should feel forever ashamed they tried to tarnish such a noble venture.
I say I won! I say all VOOMERS and all those who love high definition won! I hope all of you VOOMERS feel the same.

Dan B.

hrmm....I'm sitting here watching cable from a company I despise. I also don't like dish, their "special offer" is nothing of the sort, and I probably couldn't put up a dish from them right now even if I wanted to. I lost about 25 HD channels in the process and have no real prospects for getting them back any time soon.

I'm not seeing how anyone could call this a victory.

mdonnelly said:
Nobody had to try to destroy VOOM.

Your posting seems to indicate that you believe VOOM was destroyed. If this is the case I would strongly disagree. Sure it's no longer a separate satellite company but all the high definition channels that were available on VOOM are still available on other service providers or will be in the near future.

The question begs to be answered, "If Dish had not picked up the VOOM channels would VOOM have disappeared?" I don't think so. I think we and Mr. Dolan would have found some way to keep it alive.

VOOM was like a child to us. We had plans for its' future but VOOM, like a child, choose its' own path. VOOM still lives, in our hearts and on our television sets.

Dan Berndt said:
...VOOM was like a child to us. We had plans for its' future but VOOM, like a child, choose its' own path. VOOM still lives, in our hearts and on our television sets.
VOOM was a DBS service. It collapsed. CVC is now doing what they should have done all along, sell the programming to cable and DBS services.

I have E* and Cox Cable. I don't have any plans for the future of either of them. I have my own children. Get a life.

Don't Ebay them. Find someone who understands their value and cut a deal. It's what I did, since CVC can't get their head out of their ass long enough to tell those of us who bought boxes what the hell is going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts