Voom's Dead

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
12:01 P.S.T. signal went out, no message or anything. RIP VOOM. OTA still alive.

TheTimm said:
*sniff* [single tear rolls down face]
Only 1? Come on Timm, have a few more brewskis. :D Hopefully later today, I will have the Dish Voom 10 active.

Tis a sad day indeed, was great while it lasted though.. well I guess its time for Drinko De Mayo!

Yep, we enjoyed VOOM until the bitter end.

Will be missed. Still have OTAs here in Seattle as well.

Seems strange that VOOM just turned off in the middle of HDNews. No goodbye to loyal VOOMers. Nada. Nothing. Just like we never existed. Had hoped for a little more class from VOOM even though I didn't expect it from Cablevision.

Still enjoying OTAHD under clear Seattle skies, Gill

Vicki, you're still up!

Vicki said:
:river :river :river :river :river :river It was a thing of beauty, while it lasted. Vicki

Thought you'd be under the table by now.

Yep, sad indeed but was a thing of beauty until the last. Will be sorely missed.

So, still a little bit enjoying OTAHD under cloudless Seattle skies, Gill

I just signed up for the Voom 10 with Dish, but I am not receiving any programming yet. The acquarium on the Demo channel is stunning.

SeattleVoomer1 said:
Thought you'd be under the table by now.

Yep, sad indeed but was a thing of beauty until the last. Will be sorely missed.

So, still a little bit enjoying OTAHD under cloudless Seattle skies, Gill
No, Gill, too sad to enjoy fine spirits of any type...I associate good food and libations with celebrations...it's never worked to drown my sorrows....Gonna go cry in my pillow now. Somebody please turn the lights out. :river :river :river Vicki

Goodbye loyal Voom Customers

It's been a pleasure serving you...................... :(

Vicki said:
No, Gill, Somebody please turn the lights out. :river :river :river Vicki
That's what they said in Seattle back in the 60's when Boeing was about to go tits up. ;)

I have them! I had me EPG on All Subbed and when I switched to All Channels, they showed up, WOOHOO! I be Voomin again.

It is 2:15 am PST and still getting the VOOM guide and some HD on local channels...surprised

It's been a rollercoaster ride since I subscribed in January, but I loved every minute of it. The only silver lining that I see is that it's May 1st and the weather is turning nice. I think I'll go outside and see some real HD. If I need to watch any TV I still have my 8.5' BUD hooked up.
Remember this Voomers we had a glimpse at the future of TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts