Voom's PG is gone - Don't reboot if you don't have to.

slicer40 said:
pressed info button this morning box locked up after reboot still no pg 4 hrs later

My STB locks up often and sometimes requires more than one reboot to receive program guide info. Try rebooting again.

I'm one of the lucky ones who isn't having OTA mapping problems but hopefully the new software will correct this lockup problem.

I haven't had a PG guide all day and it SUCKS!
Rebooted 4 times and unplugged once...still no guide!

I just tried that..........she knew not what I meant by "can you hit my box"
it was all she could do to speak English
good grief!

rkr0923 said:
I just tried that..........she knew not what I meant by "can you hit my box"
it was all she could do to speak English
good grief!

I would call back and get someone else.

i just called and told him to hit my box, he said he did, now im just waiting if he gave me some bs to get me off the phone or will it come through

I called back.......he said to reboot and he would hit me. Waited 30 mins. still no PG. Just called back and this guy said they were having a "error" with that in few "areas"
and to give them a few hours. What a load of crap!

Under the system setting there's something called "Trip counter" when the "Trip Counter" gets to 4 or greater after reboot, it means that the PG has been downloaded. So you can look at the trip counter to see if it's downloading the PG. I do not remember where exactly I saw the trip counter.

I just called customer service and "Barbara" told me that there was an error in the program guide because of a recent software download, and that the problem should be resolved by tomorrow morning. Could this have been a failed attempt at pushing the revision 6.0.0 software?

On Motorola equipment, the first and usually only thing to do is unplug and replug. If the problem is in your receiver, it will repair itself in 20 minutes. If it's not, it won't repair itself until the provider repairs itself. Trust me, you can drive yourself crazy trying to get Motorola receivers to work when they don't want to.

Motorola is a perpetual beta. If you think we're having fun now, wait until we get to MPEG-4 or WM-9 or something else that NOBODY'S ever done.

By and large, it's worth it. The Trip Counter is under System Setup. BTW, Sean, thanks for smiting those trolls on the PQ thread. I hope they stay smote.

No guide here either, picture locked up so I rebooted now the guide has been gone for a couple of hours, This Sucks!

slicer40 said:
sean can you find out whats really going on it sems when you reboot yuo lose p/g forever

I have been trying but it looks like a PG data corruption. It happened another time a few months ago. Given the past history it was not fixed until the next download. If you don't have to reboot, don't do it or you lose PG information.

If you have lost it, right now yuo only have www.zap2it.com or the voom site where the customizable zap2it for your area is or check the daily hd programs in the voom programming forum on our site.

I know it is not much but this is it until I get more information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts