Vooms Sues Dish Network

And paying more $$$ for it. :p Or does directv now have a $29.99 hd only pak too? :D

So the $15 a month I'm paying for hd is more than the $30 a month you have to pay to get all of the hd on E? :D my total monthly bill to get 150 + locals sd/hd + hd channels comes to $60 a month.

Exactly!!!!. For the 500,000 that like Voom, there's 13 million that don't! It just so happends 100,000 of them are on Satellite guys, and 400,000 on DBS talk.:D
save for Equator and Treasure( excellent pic quality) those VOOM chs are pretty useless.
Kung Fu and Monsters?....Ok I am sure there is a niche market for these old assed chop saki and Godzilla/VS Mothra flicks....But to use that much band width on a such a small market is foolish and wasteful.

save for Equator and Treasure( excellent pic quality) those VOOM chs are pretty useless.
Kung Fu and Monsters?....Ok I am sure there is a niche market for these old assed chop saki and Godzilla/VS Mothra flicks....But to use that much band width on a such a small market is foolish and wasteful.
Yea I can't complain about PQ, Just the repeated content. Make,them into 3 ,4 channels tops, not 15. And they could call it VOOM extra pack for $3.99:D

The issue isn't the quality of the product (and 15 channels of 24/7 HD ain't hay), it's how the contract between Dish and VOOM is written. If it specifically says that the VOOM channels must be present in every HD package that Dish offers, then VOOM has a good case.
I doubt the contract says that, since at the beginning Voom was in a package that you had to pay an extra $5/mo for in addition to the required $10/mo HD package, which was the status quo until the Metal packages came about. What is happening now is no different than before the metal packages, except that it's $10/mo extra to get Voom instead of $5/mo.

So the $15 a month I'm paying for hd is more than the $30 a month you have to pay to get all of the hd on E? :D my total monthly bill to get 150 + locals sd/hd + hd channels comes to $60 a month.

If you feel your overcompressed washed out SD is worth an extra $30 a month. Then all the "power to ya"
Personally i have an OTA antenna for locals, 4DTV system for high quality SD, NeusatHD DVB for extremly high quality HD and DISH for HD lite.:D
My total monthly bill for all this is $75 a month as i spend $45 on 4DTV and $30 on DISH and the DVB stuff is free. "Gee i wonder if i have more channels than you.":eek:

Exactly!!!!. For the 500,000 that like Voom, there's 13 million that don't! It just so happends 100,000 of them are on Satellite guys, and 400,000 on DBS talk.:D
Here's where a big problem around here lies - there are not 13 million HD subscribers. More like 500,000. The others are all SD subscribers who know nothing about Voom. Liking or disliking Voom is about 50/50 among the few that actually get it.

This is also why E* could care less about all the "I'm leaving if I don't get SciFi-HD channel" that goes on here. Those departures barely make a dent in the monthly churn rate of regular subscribers.

It would be great if Voom added more HD content regularly. They have the best presentation and format for their HD content AND its not upconverted stretch-zoomed SD like all those other supposed HD channels.

Here's where a big problem around here lies - there are not 13 million HD subscribers. More like 500,000. The others are all SD subscribers who know nothing about Voom. Liking or disliking Voom is about 50/50 among the few that actually get it.

This is also why E* could care less about all the "I'm leaving if I don't get SciFi-HD channel" that goes on here. Those departures barely make a dent in the monthly churn rate of regular subscribers.

It would be great if Voom added more HD content regularly. They have the best presentation and format for their HD content AND its not upconverted stretch-zoomed SD like all those other supposed HD channels.
By the way Brain eaters is on every 2 hours today in case you didn't catch it. On Monsters HD

Voom is pure garbage anymore.

If Dish we're to drop them and open up space for more mainstream HD I wouldn't care at all...

In your opinion.

I disagree, and, I submit that if Voom was providing new content every month, Dish would be signing up new subscribers to get Voom. Their production quality and presentation still has not been matched by anyone else in the HD arena. HD Theater comes close but not quite.

Voom is the only reason I sub to Dish HD. My cable system has more HD channels (except for Voom) than Dish and better HD PQ than the HD Lite on Dish. Even MGM HD showed up on cable this week, and that channel actually has HD content! I say that with some sarcasm because many of the so-called HD channels like TBS HD and AMC HD on my cable system have little actual HD content. Others such as SciFi HD, USA HD, and Bravo HD have some HD, but not enough to be considered a real HD channel in my opinion. Say what you will about Voom (and I agree on the repeating programming), at least all Voom channels are 24/7 HD.

With all the repeats, it's really hard for me to watch VOOM now. I was watching a lot of VOOM last fall with my sick dog by my side. (11+ year old chocolate lab) He was diagnosed with cancer last Labor Day and was able to stick it out for about 3 months. During that time, I watched a lot of Monsters channel, UFO on Family, World movies, etc. all the while taking him outside at a moments notice to get sick. Since he died, VOOM has been repeating all those same movies and shows over and over again bringing back bad memories. Why can't they just show new stuff? Jeez... the rinky dink independent stations around here have more content than they do...

I also think the PQ on the voom channels are aazing (I don't even have the mirrors) but they are by far some of the best pictures on tv now. However, they need to add content. Why would someone pay $5 a month or what ever the cost is to watch a replay of something from years ago, over and over again. I think Discovery has been doing well as far as new content as well as history HD. but as far as zoom, kinda hard to kind anything to watch when nothing new apears.

I checked over the weekend.. I had dropped down to the lowest HD pack .. the VOOM channels may be in legal limbo, but I do not get them anymore. Not that I miss them.. but hey, if they were free while this lawsuit dragged on... :)

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)