VOTE NOW - SATELLITEGUYS BEST OF 2011

Who should win the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Award?

• The DIRECTV HR-34 Home Media Server

Votes: 53 16.5%
  • The DIRECTV iPad App

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • The New DIRECTV HD Guide System

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The DISH Network Internet Response Team (DIRT)

Votes: 208 64.6%
  • HBO/CINEMAX GO Apps

Votes: 30 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is but you would be surprised how many go straight to the forum page skipping the home page :)
I'll bet more go to the main page than straight to the forums though....

There's a few days left, I still think it needs more exposure. Otherwise, hide the vote numbers and only show the %.

I'll bet more go to the main page than straight to the forums though....

There's a few days left, I still think it needs more exposure. Otherwise, hide the vote numbers and only show the %.

You only see results if you have voted.

The Operations Center forum probably doesn't get anywhere near the traffic that other forums do....

Here's an idea, maybe it isn't getting the votes because everyone sees that this pole is bogative due to the fact that all of the HOME Theater stuff suggested wasn't in the finals and the adgeda of the poll is quite clear. Even when a new product like the ROKU 2 was released THIS YEAR, it was dismissed by the powers that it wasn't "ground breaking for 2011" and only satellite stuff is up there. I and many others would disagree with that assumption. After all How many times do you need to kiss the DIRT's team's ass, or move information out of public view so the "competition" doesn't see it, even thought the competition knew about it for months before it was posted here. I know that the DIRT team does great things, but customer service should be a given and costumers shouldn't need a special team in order to get things done or corrected. There also shouldn't need to have a special award to recognize their performance as it should be done every day at the highest level possible, irregardless of market conditions or costumer history.

Here's an idea, maybe it isn't getting the votes because everyone sees that this pole is bogative due to the fact that all of the HOME Theater stuff suggested wasn't in the finals and the adgeda of the poll is quite clear. Even when a new product like the ROKU 2 was released THIS YEAR, it was dismissed by the powers that it wasn't "ground breaking for 2011" and only satellite stuff is up there. I and many others would disagree with that assumption. After all How many times do you need to kiss the DIRT's team's ass, or move information out of public view so the "competition" doesn't see it, even thought the competition knew about it for months before it was posted here. I know that the DIRT team does great things, but customer service should be a given and costumers shouldn't need a special team in order to get things done or corrected. There also shouldn't need to have a special award to recognize their performance as it should be done every day at the highest level possible, irregardless of market conditions or costumer history.

Drop it Bob. Sorry your favorite product did not make the list. Move on already.

Bob when I started this entire thing I didn't even consider the DIRT team as I though they started in the middle of 2010.

I should also note that I did not select the final 5 nominations. I had zero to do with the selection process. It was the members who nominated and it's the members who are voting. Are you trying to say all the votes are wrong because you don't agree with them?

This award is still up for vote and anyone can win, and to me thats a great thing, we are letting the members vote and choose what they think was the best in 2011.

With that said its a satellite oriented site so I am not surprised so many Satellite oriented items were selected.

...but customer service should be a given and costumers shouldn't need a special team in order to get things done or corrected.
You're right, it should be a given, but it's not ! Other companies are able to a) fix their existing customer service system or b) create a group like DIRT. How many choose to do either ? In the case of DirecTV, I believe it's almost been one year since Scott contacted them to do the same as DIRT. Last I recall, their response wasn't "we're considering it", "we're building a team", or even a "no" ... it's been a total dead-end. Scott, correct me if I'm wrong too !

Can I read more about the Roku devices and see what their users are saying ? Where's their sub-forum here ?

Bob when I started this entire thing I didn't even consider the DIRT team as I though they started in the middle of 2010.

I should also note that I did not select the final 5 nominations. I had zero to do with the selection process. It was the members who nominated and it's the members who are voting. Are you trying to say all the votes are wrong because you don't agree with them?

This award is still up for vote and anyone can win, and to me thats a great thing, we are letting the members vote and choose what they think was the best in 2011.

With that said its a satellite oriented site so I am not surprised so many Satellite oriented items were selected.

What I'm saying is that we need to let them all stand on their own merits. The selection process was suppose to have been based upon nominations with my product received more than one. Why not list them all and let the members decide!!!! While yes I do agree with the fact that so many satellite items would be posted, I just though it was bogative that not one "home theater" product outside of satellite made it to the list, especially when roku had 2 nominations and one like. If the DIRT team made it and its a product of 2010, so should the roku! Also, sense the dirt team is a product of 2010 doesn't that make them disqualified? After all its not a product of 2011!

You're right, it should be a given, but it's not ! Other companies are able to a) fix their existing customer service system or b) create a group like DIRT. How many choose to do either ? In the case of DirecTV, I believe it's almost been one year since Scott contacted them to do the same as DIRT. Last I recall, their response wasn't "we're considering it", "we're building a team", or even a "no" ... it's been a total dead-end. Scott, correct me if I'm wrong too !

Maybe Directv feels that their costumer service is up to snuff and they don't need a special team to fix issues as their CSR's are properly trained and are more than willing and able to fix issues with accounts right the first time.

Crickets Churping would be louder then the response we got back. :)

LOL Scott, sorry that I can't be on Satguys every second of the day! As much as I would like to be! :D

Bob whats different about the new Roku's then the old Roku's besides the fact it can play Angry Birds?

I would think that a Boxee Box would rank ahead of the Roku.

Bob whats different about the new Roku's then the old Roku's besides the fact it can play Angry Birds?

I would think that a Boxee Box would rank ahead of the Roku.

While yes, you can add boxee to the list, here are the changes that Roku made between the models:

Newer (better) GPU.
Addition of bluetooth (you can purchase the gaming remote separately with the XD).
Smaller form factor.
Upgraded Netflix app which won't be on previous generation models
Firmware updates/features which will never make it down to the previous generation

Agin my current older Roku box can do everything the new Roku box can except for the Angry birds.

The Netflix app is supposed to be able to do 1080p which is cool, but Netflix has nothing in 1080p yet.

The new Roku Stick looks cool, but none of my TV's support it.

Bob, as you hate Dish network you do not understand, you call any provider you have to jump thru hoops, sometimes be transferred 2 or 3 time etc ... with the Dish team you let them know what problem you have, PM your information and usually in less than 5 minutes the problem is resolved... they really didn't hit the ground till early 2011. This is SatelliteGuys so naturally the forum members are going to vote for something related, the highest votes got the slots and if you will notice 3 were from DIRECTV, there is nothing "bogus" about this and your saying so is trolling and you know what will happen if it continues so let it go.

I'm a DirecTV sub and former tier 1 phone support and even I almost voted for DIRT over my 2 nominations on the list (one of which has 0 votes :(, probably underrated and underused... 3.5 stars after almost 61k ratings on iTunes though).

Roku is a good product, and the 2 is a nice iteration on that product. It just doesn't compete with dividends that great service yeilds and some of the actual new products and technologies that came out this year. Making it a little snappier, able to sell you games, and knocking off the wiimote doesn't bring it close to the other nominees IMO, sorry K9SAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.