VOTE NOW - SATELLITEGUYS BEST OF 2011

Who should win the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Award?

• The DIRECTV HR-34 Home Media Server

Votes: 53 16.5%
  • The DIRECTV iPad App

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • The New DIRECTV HD Guide System

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The DISH Network Internet Response Team (DIRT)

Votes: 208 64.6%
  • HBO/CINEMAX GO Apps

Votes: 30 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This tells you how sad 2011 was for technology if the best thing people can think of is a company giving customer service over the internet.

DIRT is new and groundbreaking simply because this is the first time an open forum for people to discuss and ask questions about a service that they pay for, and that service to offer their own employees to help address any questions and concerns. DIRT got me to fix a broken DVR, gave me five months of combined free HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime, and will go beyond the ususal role of the normal CSRs. It doesn't matter who should be credited with the conception. Dish Network allowed DIRT to evolve into what it is today.

It seems like the D.I.R.T. team has the full support of DISH Network; something your signature suggests you weren't getting from DIRECTV.

Yes but if you go back through the archives and you see when I started to help out and stated my intentions, I stated I was going to continue my idea of having an official Directv support team here. I stated why I felt this was the best course of action to take and I have to say Dish pretty much has done everything I originally mentioned and doing an outstanding job of it. I will give DIRT a vote for being the first company to use my idea. But as ego prone as you might think I am I just a teensy bit impressed that one of my ideas have done so well and helped so many people. All I am saying is give credit where credit is do.

Hey- Stonecold-- I'll give you credit for the idea for DirecTV. But not credit for getting the company to follow through with your concept because they didn't. That has to go to Dish Network for actually getting it done. The DIRT Team deserves the credit for how they executed their assigned task. As I recall, you didn't really work for DirecTV, rather for a sub contractor so it isn't your fault as you were probably almost as removed from getting any idea executed with DirecTV as I would be. Besides, when I think about it, the concept goes back much further than stonecold and DIRT. It was first suggested and executed by David Bott of AVS Forum in the late 90's when he invited television network reps to have presence on that forum to work with us early adopters of HDTV.

No offense and you're a nice guy and all but you need to be careful at insisting you invented the light bulb. :) Not everyone will just believe that cause Stonecold said so.

Hey- Stonecold-- I'll give you credit for the idea for DirecTV. But not credit for getting the company to follow through with your concept because they didn't. That has to go to Dish Network for actually getting it done. The DIRT Team deserves the credit for how they executed their assigned task. As I recall, you didn't really work for DirecTV, rather for a sub contractor so it isn't your fault as you were probably almost as removed from getting any idea executed with DirecTV as I would be. Besides, when I think about it, the concept goes back much further than stonecold and DIRT. It was first suggested and executed by David Bott of AVS Forum in the late 90's when he invited television network reps to have presence on that forum to work with us early adopters of HDTV.

No offense and you're a nice guy and all but you need to be careful at insisting you invented the light bulb. :) Not everyone will just believe that cause Stonecold said so.

Only thing I would like to correct is that Convergys was and still is directv support. They were directv on day one of the service launch. When dtv opened there first "call center" convergys trained them . Also I had a direct path up the directv chain of command because the two companies are so interconnected over the years. Also I am not stating the id of reps in a forum is my idea. Because well frankly that happened before me and any idiot company can do that. The idea was to take it pass the point of sites like dsl reports which simply has mindless reps answering questions and scripted company answers.

Basically what I wanted to see and thanks to Dish they had the common insight to say hey this makes sense is the following.

Embed agents in a neutral 3rd party site
Agents should be members of the community and just not scripted company robots
Support takes a personal interest in helping there fellow members.

The list goes on but I highlighted the grand overview points approve. No I am not taking claim to the lightbulb just to the method it is being used in . Which I will be the first to say how excited I was when DIRT showed up and now to see how well they have integrated in the dish community in this site. If I had two votes one would be for DIRT but I really had to pix the HD Gui for dtv boxes , omg my box runs smoother and looks a million times better then the colecovision ui.

personally, i think the sling extender was the best product of 2011. but since it was never released to the wild, i'm sure it doesn't count.

We appreciate being nominated!

We do truly enjoy being here. This community has been amazing in supporting us, and we wouldn't be where we are without all of you.

To those who won gift cards, the gift cards were sent to your email this morning...

To those who didn't win make sure you vote as we will be giving away more Amazon.COM gift cards and other goodies as our thanks for voting! So in other words if you have no voted then VOTE NOW! :)

Happy New Year!

Anyone can win this one! There is still time to vote!

Also remember that random voters will be winning prizes from SatelliteGuys, so if you haven't voted yet then vote now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts