VOTE NOW - SATELLITEGUYS BEST OF 2011

Who should win the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Award?

• The DIRECTV HR-34 Home Media Server

Votes: 53 16.5%
  • The DIRECTV iPad App

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • The New DIRECTV HD Guide System

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The DISH Network Internet Response Team (DIRT)

Votes: 208 64.6%
  • HBO/CINEMAX GO Apps

Votes: 30 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hear the made up word "bogative" one more time I'm going to lose it.:rant:

I have to say I'm a little surprised there is complaining about products being voted on.

Another vote for DIRT. And Bob, since the name of the forum is SATELLITEguys. It only stands to reason that the satellite related stuff is going to get more love here. Think about it.

and yet you proceed to keep mis-using the word CUSTOMER
C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R

not "costumer" as in
Maybe Directv feels that their costumer service

a costumer makes costumes :)

C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R

not "costumer" as in

Dont blame me, blame spell check!!!!!!!!!!!! I just let it run through it! I find it amazing how people use spelling as a tatic to win arguments.
Would you discredit someone’s opinion in a spoken argument if they had a lisp or a stutter?? No, because it's rude and makes you look like an ****. Why do the same in writing? Some people just aren't perfect at spelling, grammar or punctuation and it isn't necessarily a reflection of their intelligence!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not using it "to win an argument"
I'm saying you obviously know how to spell some ghetto made up word yet you continue to have issues with customer and blame the spell check?

what does the "ghetto dictionary" say when you type in costumer? hmmm maybe you should check with a regular dictionary

This is still anyones prize! If you haven't voted yet VOTE! And remember by voting you could win some great prizes including some Amazon.COM Gift Cards! :D

It's an election year so practice now and VOTE!

C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R

not "costumer" as in

Actually, if D* sent a woman installer in a Wonder Woman costume, they might sell more subscriptions to the neighbors...... lol

Troll much?

Nope - didn't realize that posting the truth wasn't allowed.

As a D subscriber (who gets most of his D news from another site, for obvious reasons), if it wasn't for the FTA section here no way would I pay the PM fee to support this site.

Sometimes, the E slant here is so blatently obvious - sometimes a great deal more obvious than other times - but this is like Brokeback Mountain.

Scott, you and D have a long standing P* contest. Whatever. Why be so blatent?

As someone who has had both services, multiple times in the last 8 years, yeah, this site is better for E* folks and DBS is better for Directv, noone would argue that. I too have given Scott a fair share of crap over the E* love here, but, whats that got to do with a stinking poll? 3 outta 5 things on the poll are pro Directv, and as someone who will openly say they like Directv better overall, I voted for Dirt. Those guys get back to you fast, and handle account stuff so easily saving you the time of calling in and talking to morons.

I guess Scott and the staff are tweaking the votes behind the scenes?

Get a grip man, its a poll, it cant always go your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes, the E slant here is so blatently obvious - sometimes a great deal more obvious than other times - but this is like Brokeback Mountain.

Scott, you and D have a long standing P* contest. Whatever. Why be so blatent?

Mike, I did not nominate anyone, nor did I pick the final 5 finalists, and most importantly I did not vote for anyone (yet) all the vote you see here are from the members themselfs. I did not tell them who to vote for they are all voting out of their own free will.

There are 170,000 members here and with that many the vote can go any way, its something I have ZERO control over.

I am kind of sad more people haven't voted, I guess they don't understand that by voting their names are being entered to win some Amazon.COM gift certificates, voting only takes a second.

This is one vote that has totally been created by the people and they are making their voices heard. I am sorry that you don't seem to want to understand that and bitch and moan about it for you own personal agenda. The people are speaking with their votes, and again there is still time (and more then enough people here) to change the outcome of the vote, but currently it appears people have made up their mind on who is the best of 2011.

I would agree DIRT is the best out of that list.. I might add is sad when DIRT is the best option.

A Directv app????? Really thats a breakthrough??
A directv HD GUIDE???? OMG! Gimmie a Break!
HBO GO/MAX GO ??? Wow and $24 + dollar per month investment to even use, And I might add the Premiums are the worst they've ever been with repeats. Biggest waste of HD space and money right now. And yes I was a huge fan of premiums. But how many times do we have to watch the same movies over and over.

Last but not least. ( And been done before by other companys. so not a breakthrough!).
HR34. Nice concept, but again short on Tuners for a real family, High on cost , and most likly a POC just like all the other HD DVR's that D* has ever put out. Maybe in 10 years it might work as it should. Plus its D* so you now the service is top bucks to do anything.

Now DIRT, well atleast this a customer service benifit, that benifits the customer, rather then the crap D* put out just to fill their pocket 24 months at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)