VOTE NOW - SATELLITEGUYS BEST OF 2011

Who should win the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Award?

• The DIRECTV HR-34 Home Media Server

Votes: 53 16.5%
  • The DIRECTV iPad App

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • The New DIRECTV HD Guide System

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The DISH Network Internet Response Team (DIRT)

Votes: 208 64.6%
  • HBO/CINEMAX GO Apps

Votes: 30 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's nice to be able to hit up DIRT almost anytime , with it's success i don't understand why Directtv doesn't do this also.

Short on tuners?

Gimme a break. Its one thing to have a good argument, but that one's pretty bad Hemi. Being angry or not liking Directv is one thing, but dont pass of that sludge post as other than anger.

1) HDGui - Groundbreaking? No. Overdue and looks good? Yes
2) Since the HR24, Directv has really been putting out some top notch DVR's.
3) HR34 - Until this, the Vip722k with OTA tuner was my top choice as a dvr. 722k was a $199 upgrade, and still needed another $40 spent for the tuner to get OTA channels. But, if you did not have OTA, you are still stuck with 2 tuners. HR34 gives you 5 all the time, whether it be 5 sat or 3 sat and 2 OTA, pretty damn cool.

IMO, Directv's only fail to Dish is the ehd implementation, Dish rules here. I see you are a cable sub now, enjoy it, but dont act like something you used to have is all of a sudden a poor service. Posts like that make you look bad.

And I will tell you the HR34 is far from a "POC".

I think the DIRECTV HR34 which has 5 tuners is better then the new DISH Hopper which only has three. ;)

Scott I would agree, But 5 tuners to serve 4 or 5 rooms is sad,

And Elway
OTA 99% of the population doesn't give a crap about. And your telling me 4 rooms of HD DVR works just as good with 5 tuners to spread around then 8. Yea not sold!

This is not a new thing having whole home systems, been done for years by Cisco, and Motorola. Just because D* thinks they invented something doesn't make it a break through product.

And don't bring up my so called Anger toward D*. It doesn't take anger to disprove the hype between D* new clucky receiver, that when breaks your whole system in the house is down. Great, make sure you "PAY" for your protection plan. You'll need it!

Last edited:
Ah, statistics without data. Always helps an argument...
Yea thats what I thought!

Lets hear why D* HR34 should win an award on satellite guys, what has this provided to the site, what has D* done for this site period.

Exactly! Dish wins .atleast they will show their face on satellite guys instead of using secret front men.

I come in from time to time, But I couldn't pass this one up.

I still want to hear why anyone one on this site would give D* and award, DBS talk sure , But here???

Again , I'm not here to fight about D* HR's thats old news, I just want a good solid answer at why D* deserves an Award. Its clear in the posts most members don't think so.

Again Wow and app??? LMAO!!!
HD Guide, wow can't say it makes a damn difference to many, can't say it was ever poor on the PQ scale to begin with.
And again OLD news real whole home HD DVR thats 2 years late to the party.
Lets hear the real prices on that upgrade, not the sugar coated 24 month promotional rates.

Here is what the Award looks like...

Attachments

• P1000578.JPG
    P1000578.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)