VOTE NOW - SATELLITEGUYS BEST OF 2011

Who should win the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Award?

• The DIRECTV HR-34 Home Media Server

Votes: 53 16.5%
  • The DIRECTV iPad App

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • The New DIRECTV HD Guide System

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The DISH Network Internet Response Team (DIRT)

Votes: 208 64.6%
  • HBO/CINEMAX GO Apps

Votes: 30 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok SatelliteGuys Members, you made your nominations for the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 and we have narrowed things down to the five finalists for SatelliteGuys Best of 2011!

The finalists are as follows:

The new DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Server (Submitted by Bobvick)
The new DIRECTV iPad app (Submitted by mestevo)
The new DIRECTV HD Guide / Menu System (Submitted by mestevo)
The Dish Network Internet Response Team (DIRT) (Submitted by kbcool)
The new HBO/Cinemax GO Apps (Submitted by scherrman)

Now it is your turn to VOTE on who the winner will be! Entries are open until January 8th and the winner will be announced at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show. (And if the company is at the Consumer Electronics Show we will present them their award at the show!) :)

Limit one vote per member.

Also remember the person who submitted the nomination for the winning product or service will win themselves a $100 Amazon.COM gift certificate! We will also be randomly be picking 5 - $25 winners from all the submissions TODAY (these will be announced later in the day when I can have a fair impartial person pick the winners for me) :)

SO VOTE NOW! Who should win the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Award?

K9SAT said:
I thought this was support to be all technology and not necessarily related to satellite.. Kind of defeats the purpose of the OP.

Bob while a Roku is great it is not something new and groundbreaking for 2011.

Bob while a Roku is great it is not something new and groundbreaking for 2011.

Scott, the Roku 2 is as it was released in July of 2011! It is no different than any satellite receiver that has been updated / improved by dish or directv. Its bogative that only satellite stuff is up here. Also, no where did it say that the product had to be new. It just said the best of 2011. In mine opinion, as well as the two other people whom voted for it, Roku made grate improvements to their product and the technology behind it to make it one of the best products of 2011, as it has generated a lot of buzz and should be rightfully on the list.

Three DirecTV items and one Dish item. The three Direct items are technology and the one Dish item is customer service. Never thought I would see a situation where Direct is getting the credit for tech and Dish is getting the credit for service. :p

As much as I like DIRECTV's whole home, it has been done before... I should have thought to nominate Cablevisions central office DVR solution which gives whole house DVR without any DVRs in the house. And of course they get the gold star for fighting all the way to the supreme court (which let lower court ruling stand) to get the right to do it...

As much as I like HBO GO well of course streaming shows from networks over the internet has been done for a while.

So, I went with the groundbreaking 3rd party BBS support for a major corporation. I have only seen support like that on company owned web sites (well I guess you could count twitter and facebook in there, but not really the quality of response you see being done here).

Ok I just had an independent person draw the 5 - $25 Amazon.COM gift certificate winners!

Winners were selected at random by this party.

The winners picked were...

b_kranski
Pepper
Skee7ix
Bobvick
The Fat Man

If you are one of the lucky 5 people picked please PM me with your email address so I can email you your Amazon.COM gift certificate!

Congrats!

I couldn't vote for an online customer service org as to me that should be basic service, not ground breaking either.

I dont know if we should be giving credit for Dish Network copying my idea . As much I am proud to see members of the D.I.R.T team meld in and become part of the community technically I was here first , lol.

I dont know if we should be giving credit for Dish Network copying my idea . As much I am proud to see members of the D.I.R.T team meld in and become part of the community technically I was here first , lol.
I don't get how you still do it after they let you go.:eek:

I don't get how you still do it after they let you go.:eek:

I still get inside info for people who still work for the company. Some of the more direct help as far as adovacting a case of a customer I can no longer do but I can still help them navigate the circus that is directv.

I do believe Scott is still waiting to hear back from the higher-up D* folks on his request for similar help/support here. :D

You were "unofficial" support as well, were you not ? Your signature stated that, as I recall.

Sent from my ADR6400L

As much I am proud to see members of the D.I.R.T team meld in and become part of the community technically I was here first , lol.
It seems like the D.I.R.T. team has the full support of DISH Network; something your signature suggests you weren't getting from DIRECTV.

Happy to vote for the DIRT team, who have helped me in at least three instances.

The HR34 is pretty kick ass with 5 tuners and working with the OTA tuner, plus Rvu, but its very new and buggy yet. I think for 2011, Dirt is the best thing around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)