VTV4 Keeps freezing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dukedefile

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
avon, OH
i am trying to get the problem of VTV4 from freezing after 10 secs, i have a pansat 2700a with a 80cm Fortec dish, any help on this? 11966 H21.991

thanks

Mine coming in just fine. I get 62% on the same receiver as yours and a 30" dish.

Are the other channels on that tp freezing too? How much Q% do you have.

You might wanna try resetting the panny or rescanning that tp.

Good luck.

getting about 48% and that the best i ever get, other channels work fine, already reset the receiver and rescan the tp but still keeps freezing after 10s

getting about 48% and that the best i ever get, other channels work fine, already reset the receiver and rescan the tp but still keeps freezing after 10s

Here in southern Wisconsin the signal is weak and occasionally breaking up. I watch this channel often enough to note that this is not normal. Dish is a 36" Primestar.

I'm also having the freezing problem. JOGON64, how long did you watch? Sometimes takes a minute. I have been having the freezing for a few days now. I thought it was weather related when I first found out on Friday. But today sunny and getting good signal stregth. Other channels, such as Vietnamese Broadcast, and Saigon TV work just fine, along with the rest of the FTA stations. I thoguth maybe they were having problems, but if yours is working, then something else is up with the rest of us. What kind of box do you have? What are you VPID and APID settings? I'm about to erase all channels and do a new scan. I have tried both a Pansat 2500 and 2700.

Mine coming in just fine. I get 62% on the same receiver as yours and a 30" dish.

Are the other channels on that tp freezing too? How much Q% do you have.

You might wanna try resetting the panny or rescanning that tp.

Good luck.

watching it for only 10s before it freezes then change the channel and back to it works for a little bit then freezes up, i have pansat 2700a, VPID i think is 3705 and audio is 3705 also.

Vpid: 3105 Apid: 3106

If I'm lucky I can get 15-20seconds at most... But most of the time its within 3-5 seconds after switching from one channel back to VTV4. So I wonder what that ones guys secret is. How can all of ours be messed up and his is working? After it freezes, I can just get audio only, sometimes displaying SCRAMBLED. I hope something gets fixed soon.....

I also reset my box, and did a full scan again. Still same problem.

watching it for only 10s before it freezes then change the channel and back to it works for a little bit then freezes up, i have pansat 2700a, VPID i think is 3705 and audio is 3705 also.

Getting Vtv4 with NO freezing here.

11966H 21991

Umdaman, you´ve got to read my first post. I mention I have the same receiver as the OP.

And no secret in play here either, perhaps you have to fine tune your dish. I´m getting a good 60% in clear weather here in northern Mexico.

Good luck!

I can only get in the mid 40's from my location. It's been working like this fine for past 3 years. Are you using a Factory firmware on yours? I just installed latest factory firmware from pansatusa.com.

Thanks

Getting Vtv4 with NO freezing here.

11966H 21991

Umdaman, you´ve got to read my first post. I mention I have the same receiver as the OP.

And no secret in play here either, perhaps you have to fine tune your dish. I´m getting a good 60% in clear weather here in northern Mexico.

Good luck!

Galaxy 19 (97.0W), but I think on my Pansat 2700 it was listed under Galaxy 25.

Also my friend who is also having problems, he has a Samsonic BS-7100 Plus box, and his strength is currently showing 60%.

Why is it that anyone mentioned the sat???

Last edited:
I tested this out to see if I could duplictae it and other than a couple quick freezes (seems like when they do a pan of a item) it seems to be working fine. Been watching it for about 10 minutes now and audio is fine. Hasnt had any major freezes where the picture would drop out completelly

GeosatPro 200 and 36" dish here in MN....70 quality

when folks say freezing, are we talking major freezes or just these minor freezes when they pan and scan?
edit: they just did a pan and scan of a tree and there was some freezing/pixeling almost. It might have to do with bandwidth they are using.

Major FREEZING. Picture completely stops, then goes black, and all we hear is SOUND. I also updated a post about my friends box who has a 60% strength who has same problems. :(:( I'm talking to him now, he said his froze like mine, then he gets a msg (Service not Available), but he still hears the sound.

Also I my dish is a Winegard 76CM (30") never had any problems like this in the past.

Last edited:
nothing like that here and I've had the channel up for about a 1/2 hour now. Just some slight freezes but nothing like dropouts of video

Does your buddy have a Pansat too?

My friends is a Samsonic BS-7100 Plus. I also use a Dishnet 301 converted to a Pansat 2500, this one also has problems. Picture works a few seconds, then freezes, then on this one a msg pops up "Retrieving Channel Data".

I actually just ordered a Sonicview 360 Premier to replace this DN 301, because when this one is left on, it would sometimes get stuck the Retrieving Channel Data until it is power cycled. Which sucked if I had a program scheduled to record on my computer.

My Sonicview was delivered today, so when I get home I'm going to see if that one makes any difference with our current problem.

Well, very interesting. Just tested my boxes, and everything is now working fine! My friends is also working. So maybe when you (IceBerg) actually tested they may have fixed the problem. Sometime between 9am and 10am this morning....:confused:

New box seems to get a better signal strength then my 2700, so thats good. Getting 50-52 vs 40's on the 2700.

Status
Please reply by conversation.