WAF is up!

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
I think I got the wife approval factor up enough that she's gonna let me get an antenna rotor for an antenna - I am gonna start a new tv dx hobby I think... love fta - now time to start ota explorations. Is mid-mo, with no antenna tower a good location for this hobbie? getting KC channels the last few days has me wondering what else is out there that can come in. Also is the PHILLIPS motor at walmart good enough? I don't want to break the bank if I can help it...

I think I got the wife approval factor up enough that she's gonna let me get an antenna rotor for an antenna - I am gonna start a new tv dx hobby I think... love fta - now time to start ota explorations. Is mid-mo, with no antenna tower a good location for this hobbie? getting KC channels the last few days has me wondering what else is out there that can come in. Also is the PHILLIPS motor at walmart good enough? I don't want to break the bank if I can help it...
Good luck dxing digital video. Digital requires a min signal to lock or it will just freeze, or blank depending on your rx, and look at you like you are stupid or something. Analog can be used all the way down into the noise floor and I've even got a re-sync lock by using one of those video tape copier sync injectors, to watch long enough to id the station.
The band has a lot to do with propagation too. UHF does "skip" [actually it "ducts", but who's picking nits] but nowhere near like 50-88 mhz or even the 174-220 vhf high spectrum. Back before analog got killed off, tvdxing was an awesome hobby. Thank the greedy government and the FCC for it's demise.
Last rights will be given 2/09.

I remember many years ago from Chicago receiving a Cincinnati station pretty clear with just a bow tie antenna in a 2nd floor window on some weekends. I though that was cool.

Now in FL I usually am just happy to just bring in my local channels but I've thought about getting a long range antenna to pull in any good Independent stations that might be in range. But thanks to ClearChannel there just doesn't seem to be as much treasure out there as there might have been a few years ago. Out of town news might be fun though.

I recommend the Channel Master. And only the Channel Master. Save money. Buy quality once, and not have to re-buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts