Wal Mart Cuts Blu-ray Selection

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I want to get it the day it comes out.
Same here, but Wal Mart reduced their BD selection even more in the last week and only have them on an end cap and I had to order the Next Gen movies (on the way) so I pre-ordered to be sure...(I do have a Doctors appointment the 17th and will be out of town but)...

Same here, but Wal Mart reduced their BD selection even more in the last week and only have them on an end cap and I had to order the Next Gen movies (on the way) so I pre-ordered to be sure...(I do have a Doctors appointment the 17th and will be out of town but)...

That is how my Walmart has always been.

They Have an end cap with the "New" releases then had another section that they expanded for a few months then reduced, now eliminated... and I noticed Hastings has "culled" out many titles (Days of Thunder and ID4 off the top of my head) from the rental section.... may have to check out the only other place around here The Movie Gallery...

Meanwhile, my local Best Buy has expanded its Blu Ray selection to 3 sides of an aisle, a full aisle and one side of the next. In addition, the new and specials aisle is now about 1/3 Blu-Ray.

My Target is also slowly expanding its selection. They added about 8' this last week.

Just say "no" to WalMart.

This is weird.

My local Wally world has always had a crappy selection, but they are almost finished remodeling and moving every thing around. The electronics tv section looks like a best buy (million tv's on the wall) and the movie selection is huge. I was hoping the selection would get better :(

screw wally-world. I hate the place anyways. I suspect Amazon will be my primary vendor for blu-ray. BB is just too expensive, except when they have the occasional sale.

Amazon all the way. I just became a Prime member too.

Yep. I've bought from Amazon even when they were a tad higher - just for the peace of mind over buying from some no name. And they're losing money on my Prime membership, shipping costs wise.

Gotta buy their stock.

When I do buy I do so from Amazon. I am not a big collecter so Netflix rentals and streaming is good for me these days.

For those of you in larger areas that may work... but I like to browse and no Targets for 80 miles (and it had a worse selection than Wal Mart has now) no Best Buys etc... There are 2 places to buy Blu rays here and one just cut their selection by over a half...

Until B&M's meet the Amazon price point, I'll not look in their direction.

The thing I love about Amazon, is once I find any product I want to buy, I can most likely get it quick from there, and at a good price.

Amazon prime here for the past year or so and got my $79 back in shipping. (I'm probably past due at this point to re-up, but I never got a notice. Maybe at next check-out.) Bought some hardware items, books, and mostly BDs. I only buy at Best Buy when there's a sale on sonething I wanted anyway (rare in the past 6 months). At Wal Mart I have bought a number of the $10 specials on a whim and enjoyed most. A couple like The Punisher and Descent I have watched several times so I really got my money's worth with those. I have looked at the display in Target in the past but it seemed their prices are high. Maybe that's changed. But for the most part I check Amazon first. Good or best price, no tax and "free" shipping...

screw wally-world. I hate the place anyways. I suspect Amazon will be my primary vendor for blu-ray. BB is just too expensive, except when they have the occasional sale.

+1 on Amazon. best shopping experience bar none. Been getting stuff from them for 10 years(way back when they only sold books!).

consistently great prices, selection, and shipping. Customer service really is Customer Service. All my BR discs come from these folks...have not been into a BB in years....

Prime membership is the only way to go if you order frequently. I have saved a BUNCH of money on shipping costs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)