Walking Dead Audio Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

siuengr

Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I was watching The Walking Dead on AMC HD last night and all of the voices were only coming from the left front channel. There were still surround sounds in the other channels, but it didn't sound like anything was coming from the center channel. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I do not have any problems on other channels, so it's not the satellite receiver or my stereo receiver.

I noticed something was weird with the audio. I don't have surround sound setup, just 2.1 channels. Something with the voices sounded processed. Then some times back from commercials the audio would be at different levels. For some of the episode it was quiet, and for other parts it was real loud. This was the 12:30am showing.

I noticed the audio sync was slightly off on the original showing. But I notice that with almost everything from AMC HD on my receivers hooked up through HDMI.

I didn't have a sync problem. My receiver can compensate for that. I usually have a 20ms delay on most channels except for NBC, which I have to set for a 200ms delay.

It was really that all of the main voices were only coming from the left channel.

I thought the video quality was awful. It was my first time seeing the show in HD since during the first season it was sill an SD channel for me. It looked like how the ABC soap One Life to Live looks like and they are clear to call it "digital widescreen" because it isn't HD.

Was probably the intended cinematography but I definitely prefer brighter colors to the washed out look it seemed to have to me.

I also noticed that the picture quality would degrade over time and then get slightly better. Some of the closeup shots of faces showed no detail whatsoever, almost like a watercolor effect. From the BD release, this is definitely not intended, and is on AMC or Directv.

That's why I started watching it at 9:25. By 10:30 I only had a few minutes of the episode left, and was able to fast forward through all the commercials. They were jarring, however.

cappy29 said:
I noticed pretty much everything mentioned above and also too many damn commercials!

AMC =Always More Commercials

This channel basically requires a DVR to watch it's programming and maintain sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

AMC =Always More Commercials

This channel basically requires a DVR to watch it's programming and maintain sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Very true, must watch TV using the DVR's fast forward option. They also seem to be having some audio/sync growing pains since switching to HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)