Wall Plate

Turd Fergeson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
River Falls, Al
I have had a hard time finding this and would appreciate any help anyone might offer. I need a wall plate (probably one of the system types) that has a power outlet on one side and has a hdmi port and two coax ports on the other. There is foam insulation and conduit involved so another box is not really an option and I would prefer not to use a feed thru plate.

Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated

I have had a hard time finding this and would appreciate any help anyone might offer. I need a wall plate (probably one of the system types) that has a power outlet on one side and has a hdmi port and two coax ports on the other. There is foam insulation and conduit involved so another box is not really an option and I would prefer not to use a feed thru plate.

Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated

I think what you are asking is going to be tough, because I believe what you are asking is forbidden in the national Electric Code (mixing power and low voltage in a single box)

You can use dual gang boxes with separators and there are specialty boxes, both are within regulations.

OK, I went back and looked a bit. It looks like Lutron makes something you can use. Their Nova series has the large rectangular cutouts, and Lutron makes both power and data inserts for these.

Look at this: http://www.lutron.com/pdfspecs/novatb.pdf

The plates in the lower right seem to be combination plates ready made. I would guess that you will need to contact Lutron to find a supplier who handles this stuff. Grainger doesn't carry it, and I thought they had everything.

This place seems to list it: Lutron, Wall Plates

This one for sure: DiscountDimmers.com sells high quality Lutron and Hubbell Data / Phone / Audio / Video Jacks at over 40% off the suggested retail price.

Hope that helps.

Jay

edit: just noticed you needed HDMI. This won't cut it, and I don't think you will find that one without fabricating.

edit2: Don't know why, but I keep coming back here and am determined to figure this out since it is a common need for hdmi and coax. Here is a single HDMI NOVA style plate where there is plenty of room to drill a hole and add an F connector
Decora Single HDMI connector Feed Thru wall plate, 28-166-LP

I also ran across a couple that had dual RCA connectors that could be pulled and replaced with F connectors.
Structured Cable HDMI Wall Plate, 3 RCA Jacks - SR126 available from Home Controls

Herre is exactly what you want, but it only comes in black :(
Decor Style 1 Port HDMIâ„¢ with 2 Keystone Ports - Black - FireFold - RJ45 Plugs | Cat5e Tester | Component Video Cable | Blank Patch Panel

and finally...
An HDMI socket that will fit into a standard Lutron keystone socket. In almond and white:
HDMI Keystone Coupler - White - FireFold - RJ45 Plugs | Cat5e Tester | Component Video Cable | Blank Patch Panel

Last edited:
I believe, as stated above, you must use boxes special built for the purpose. IIRC, I've seen such a (double wide) box at a big box HW store. The low voltage side was "outside" the main, 120v part of the assembly.

I don't think it is within code to have a standard box with a 120v outlet and, say, an AV outlet of some kind. I suppose it's due to too much risk of the low voltage insulation somehow coming in contact with 120v, beginning interesting things. I always run completely separate boxes, and never cojoin them. I know that may not work for you.

Ran across your question as I was researching this. May be what you need, but probably too late. I don't have enough seniority to post urls, so do a search on "powerbridge in-wall", and look for their TSPBIWCVH2 model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)