Wall Plate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Turd Fergeson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
River Falls, Al
I have had a hard time finding this and would appreciate any help anyone might offer. I need a wall plate (probably one of the system types) that has a power outlet on one side and has a hdmi port and two coax ports on the other. There is foam insulation and conduit involved so another box is not really an option and I would prefer not to use a feed thru plate.

Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated

I have had a hard time finding this and would appreciate any help anyone might offer. I need a wall plate (probably one of the system types) that has a power outlet on one side and has a hdmi port and two coax ports on the other. There is foam insulation and conduit involved so another box is not really an option and I would prefer not to use a feed thru plate.

Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated

I think what you are asking is going to be tough, because I believe what you are asking is forbidden in the national Electric Code (mixing power and low voltage in a single box)

You can use dual gang boxes with separators and there are specialty boxes, both are within regulations.

OK, I went back and looked a bit. It looks like Lutron makes something you can use. Their Nova series has the large rectangular cutouts, and Lutron makes both power and data inserts for these.

Look at this: http://www.lutron.com/pdfspecs/novatb.pdf

The plates in the lower right seem to be combination plates ready made. I would guess that you will need to contact Lutron to find a supplier who handles this stuff. Grainger doesn't carry it, and I thought they had everything.

This place seems to list it: Lutron, Wall Plates

This one for sure: DiscountDimmers.com sells high quality Lutron and Hubbell Data / Phone / Audio / Video Jacks at over 40% off the suggested retail price.

Hope that helps.

Jay

edit: just noticed you needed HDMI. This won't cut it, and I don't think you will find that one without fabricating.

edit2: Don't know why, but I keep coming back here and am determined to figure this out since it is a common need for hdmi and coax. Here is a single HDMI NOVA style plate where there is plenty of room to drill a hole and add an F connector
Decora Single HDMI connector Feed Thru wall plate, 28-166-LP

I also ran across a couple that had dual RCA connectors that could be pulled and replaced with F connectors.
Structured Cable HDMI Wall Plate, 3 RCA Jacks - SR126 available from Home Controls

Herre is exactly what you want, but it only comes in black :(
Decor Style 1 Port HDMIâ„¢ with 2 Keystone Ports - Black - FireFold - RJ45 Plugs | Cat5e Tester | Component Video Cable | Blank Patch Panel

and finally...
An HDMI socket that will fit into a standard Lutron keystone socket. In almond and white:
HDMI Keystone Coupler - White - FireFold - RJ45 Plugs | Cat5e Tester | Component Video Cable | Blank Patch Panel

Last edited:
I believe, as stated above, you must use boxes special built for the purpose. IIRC, I've seen such a (double wide) box at a big box HW store. The low voltage side was "outside" the main, 120v part of the assembly.

I don't think it is within code to have a standard box with a 120v outlet and, say, an AV outlet of some kind. I suppose it's due to too much risk of the low voltage insulation somehow coming in contact with 120v, beginning interesting things. I always run completely separate boxes, and never cojoin them. I know that may not work for you.

Ran across your question as I was researching this. May be what you need, but probably too late. I don't have enough seniority to post urls, so do a search on "powerbridge in-wall", and look for their TSPBIWCVH2 model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts