Wally App list?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mickey53usa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
In reviewing the documentation that came with my two new Wally receivers, I saw that it mentioned being able to get apps for the Wally. I have been unable to find a list of these apps. Specifically I am looking to see if there is an app for Amazon Prime Video.

On my Wally, with the latest Application Software version AN429b, I see the following apps in the Apps Menu:

DISH Headlines
Game Finder
Netflix
Pandora
Dish Music
Locast
Google Nest
The Weather Channel
Local Now
Promotions (folder contains the following apps):
Latino Bonus Pack​
Smart Home​
Refer A Friend​
Shopping​
Premium Showcase​
WeatherNation
Multi-Channel View
Guia de Partidos
Multi-Channel View (Spanish-language)

Unfortunately, Amazon Prime Video has never been available on the Wally. It has never even been in testing for the Wally as far as I know. So, it looks like Dish has no intention of ever adding the Amazon Prime Video app to the Wally. If you want that app on a Dish receiver, then you would need a Hopper 3. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
This is why I also have a Firestick with me on my trips in my RV. When the Wally will not pick up a signal due to trees I go to the Firestick for my watching pleasure including Amazon Prime.
My Firestick has become my primary source of viewing. The only thing the Hopper is doing now is recording my timers. Cord-cutting is definitely in my future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)