Wally DVR fee

What KAB says is near correct. The one time DVR fee for Wallys and 211s is tied to the account not the receiver. You could actually add another Wally and not need to pay another DVR fee.

Reactions: pattykay
What KAB says is near correct. The one time DVR fee for Wallys and 211s is tied to the account not the receiver. You could actually add another Wally and not need to pay another DVR fee.
That's news to me. Can I add two or more Wally receivers at the same time and pay only one DVR fee or do I have to pay the fee before I add more than one Wally?
Is there a limit on how many Wally receivers a single DVR fee can be applied to?

Everything is recorded onto the internal drive. You can then move back and forth.

Two satellite channels on the Wally?
Yes, since December, starting with software version U430. This functionality was always built-into the Wally, but required software to enable it. This is also the software release that enabled the second OTA tuner on the dual-tuner adapter. Before that, it would only work for one OTA channel at a time.

I just noticed Dish mentions a "mobile Wally" for RVs. Is there a mobile Wally and a home Wally? What's the difference?
There is no difference as far as I know. I think it is just marketing.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes, since December, starting with software version U430. This functionality was always built-into the Wally, but required software to enable it. This is also the software release that enabled the second OTA tuner on the dual-tuner adapter. Before that, it would only work for one OTA channel at a time.

There is no difference as far as I know. I think it is just marketing.
That's great but how can a single tuner receiver record two satellite channels?

That's news to me. I've seen the Wally referred to as a "solo" receiver. In any case, with two Wally receivers running off of an RV dish I don't think both tuners in each Wally will work unless someone knows a way to get both to work with an RV dish... A switch maybe?
It is a dual-tuner receiver. "Solo" simply refers to the number of TV's that can be connected with independent viewing. (In other words, no TV2 output like the old ViP222 receivers, and no Joeys for other rooms.) There is only one coax input on the back of the Wally because the separator is built-in, unlike the ViP receivers. I am not sure how that works with an RV dish, since I use a regular dish, so someone else will have to weigh-in on that one.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)