Wally remote

Hoosier Mike

Original poster
Jun 2, 2023
Indiana
I have a Wally that I purchased last June to use in RV that's my summer home. Last used it in October and now the remote won't work. Changed batteries, nothing. I can access the diagnostics with the front panel buttons so I unpaired the remote and tried to pair it again with no results. Any suggestions? Is the remote bad?

I'm guessing you have a 54 remote. You mentioned that you unpaired it. Were you able to get it to pair again, you didn't say. Try this: go back into Diagnostics and unpair the remote. On your 54 remote Press and hold the SAT button on the side of the remote until SAT starts to flash. Press and hold the DVR and Guide buttons at the same time for a few seconds until you hear descending tones come from the remote.

What this does is reset the 54 remote. Now, while in the Diagnostic page, press the Sat button and it should repair the remote. Does that fix your issue?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes I tried to re-pair it but nothing happens. No blinking light or backlight on the remote. Before I un paired it the diagnostics said batteries were good but I changed them anyway.

Yes I tried to re-pair it but nothing happens. No blinking light or backlight on the remote. Before I un paired it the diagnostics said batteries were good but I changed them anyway.
No lights on the remote is bad batteries or bad remote. Even though you said you changed batteries, change them again and make sure they're facing the right way. Both batteries face the same direction.

No lights on the remote is bad batteries or bad remote. Even though you said you changed batteries, change them again and make sure they're facing the right way. Both batteries face the same direction.
Very good point. The positive sides of the batteries should both face toward the top of the remote.

Which LNB is for which satellite?

Teardown video/photos of Hopper 3 or similar receivers