Wally RV Problems- Software Update?

ScooterS

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 14, 2003
I've been following an RV forum where multiple Wally users say they began having problems with a frequent "signal loss" message. They are all saying that this popped up in the last few days, possibly after a software update. Any ideas? Is Dish aware/working on this??

I've been following an RV forum where multiple Wally users say they began having problems with a frequent "signal loss" message. They are all saying that this popped up in the last few days, possibly after a software update. Any ideas? Is Dish aware/working on this??

Can you post the link to the RV forum thread? I wonder what antennas they are using?

I saw it on the Facebook "Tiffin Motorhomes Technical Forum" on Facebook. It is hard to post a direct link, but you can search.

It looks like the folks with the "dome antennas" are complaining about a variety of symptoms since an update on 4/24.

Some are getting pushed to SD, some have to reboot, some have to go to guide and reselect the channel.

They've tried power plug reboot, run a checkswitch, spent hours on phone with Dish, etc.... You know, all of the standard stuff.

I'm a motorhome shopper, not an owner, so I can't verify.

Thanks Rubenray! This post in your link is the best clue so far...
Here's what I just got from Winegard Customer Support. Hopefully Dish is tuned in and working on a Fix!

"...The U801 software version is causing an inconsistent voltage issue on the receiver which is th reason you are getting the 004 error. You can change channels and go back to the previous channel and it should temporarily fix the issue. DISH corporate was informed of this issue late last week, it cannot be permanently resolved until they come up with a software update.
Thank you,
Winegard Customer Support..."

Reactions: NYDutch
Wow, I thought it was just me. On my camping trip lst month I endured multiple issues with signal loss and error messages with my Wally and Playmaker. Spent hours on connections and alternate wiring installation. Then when I got home it refused to recognize my secondary 1000.2 antenna. Hooked up my (de-activated ViP211z) and it worked perfectly. Good to know! I'll bring both receivers next trip.

My Wally rebooted for the third time last night while watching a recorded show. I tried changing channels and it would not change. When the closed captioning freezes, then I know it is getting ready to reboot. My dish is the Winegard Tra'vler. I plan on doing a hard reboot today to see what happens.

Reactions: NYDutch
Dish told me just this morning (finally, after several calls). The U801 update that they did around end of April caused problems with RV service with Wallys. Here's what they said:
"It shows we don't need to transfer you now since this issue has been reported with us and our technical department are aware of the issue you are experiencing and are actively working towards a resolution. I have successfully submitted a report for you about it". Winegard also confirmed that the issue is with Dish's upgrade. All we can do is wait. :(

Reactions: ScooterS
DISH sent me an email yesterday telling me to force a software update to my Wally. It included an apology for the recent issues. The new version is U802.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Got the same e-mail but when I tell it to update it says it has the latest software U801. Won’t let me update then.
Try just leaving it in standby, although, lately, I've had issues trying to update Wallys at home. They just never update in Standby and forcing the update manually, it never actually updates. Just reboots and sits there

Boot recovery. ;)
Jsheridan - can you tell me how to do the boot recovery? My brand new Wally was showing the 981a warning and saying it was in boot recovery this weekend. Let it sit for 4 hours multiple times and never went past 1st bar. Brought Wally home to try to update but left tailgater at our camp site (dish told me it didn’t need to be connected to satellite to fix the boot recovery). Have dish at home also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts