Wally's with Channel Stack Splitters

Travis Schmidt

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Nebraska
I've installed a couple of multiple Wally setups in a couple of businesses that are having problems. First one I have 3 Wally's at a bar. Setup is DPP LNB 3 lines into a 42. Out of 42 one line inside to a 42 Power Inserter behind the bar. From that into a 4-Way Channel Stack Splitter, then out to the 3 Wally's. The TV's have been down a few times (One or two just showing black screen) but their main problem is not being able to use the guide or the guide being on the wrong time.

Main questions are should this setup work fine? What's the ideal setup for 5 Wally's? For a 2 Wally setup can I just use DPH LNB into the 2-Way Channel Stack Splitter with no switch or power supply?

Not an expert on this but I don't think the 42 is the correct switch for the Wally.

The 42 switch is designed for the H3, not dual tuner receivers like the wally - but I could be wrong, others will confirm/correct me.

Quickest way to get responses here is to post something wrong! ;^)

Reactions: JSheridan
Not an expert on this but I don't think the 42 is the correct switch for the Wally.

The 42 switch is designed for the H3, not dual tuner receivers like the wally - but I could be wrong, others will confirm/correct me.

Quickest way to get responses here is to post something wrong! ;^)

The Wally's are supposed to be able to run on Hybrid systems with the Channel Stack Splitters like the OP said. You're 'supposed' to be able to run up to 8 Wally's on each port of a DPH42. I've been apprehensive as to the reliability after reading in several places of problems like the OP is having. We did a motel not long ago with 12 rooms in each building and we played it safe with DPP44's. :)

I haven't seen the channel stacking splitters yet, but I have heard of the same issues

We just used our first channel stack splitter set-up with 3 Wally's on a K2 with a Hybrid LNB and a 4 way splitter. All the Wally's checked switch and activated fine and so far, so good. We made sure the install was close by just in case. :)

We just used our first channel stack splitter set-up with 3 Wally's on a K2 with a Hybrid LNB and a 4 way splitter. All the Wally's checked switch and activated fine and so far, so good. We made sure the install was close by just in case. :)
Nice, I'll be glad when we start seeing them

Reactions: JSheridan
So I got a girl with a 1000.2 triple LNB trying to hook up 4 Wally’s using a DP34.
That's my problem; I usually use, "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?";)

Wait, what am I thinking? I'm already married! :D
(sorry, folks, it's 1am and fatigue poisons are making me loopy...)

Reactions: pattykay and HIFI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts