Want PA locals instead of NY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
what is the signal strength?

Signal strength was in the 60's. Like I said, I put the 07 in the space for transponder, and then the word transponder switched to spotbeam, and the signal came through. Is that the way that it is supposed to go?

For my big move, do I have to find a real address, or do I just look on a map, and make up some Number and street in the correct zip code for Scrantron?

try to make it semi legit. street name for sure. best thing is to try and run the address through dish's locals page to make sure it shows the right locals

Hemi, I see that you are in Wayne County. Do you get Scranton or NYC locals?
How do I go about moving? Do I just call Dish and tell them what I am trying to do, or do I have to make it like I have really moved, make up a Scranton address, and go with all paperless billing?
Yes all of Wayne county uses Scranton Wilkes Barre.
What I used to do is Sign up for Paperless Billing, I have Vonage Phone service ,so They can't tell where the receivers are located anyway.
But phone isn't an issue anymore since they dropped the $5 fee.

I would just tell them I moved down the road,This is my address, Make one up if you wish. But Give them a real street ,and real town, real Zip. But maybe make the street number bogus.
You can go with any Wayne county Zip, Just make sure when they ask what county you say Wayne.
This is your service address.

Now Your Billing keep the same,and Tell them you kept it as your office, so you can still use this address for your account as well, Just incase you didn't want paperless billing.

Just make sure when you move, you let them know what you want,
LIke say: I moved all my equipment myself , Scranton Wilkes Barre locals is what I should be getting, Can you just make sure that was updated.

Because I've been though that where I moved, But still had the old locals.
Then you have to call back.
Try and get it done in 1 phone call.:)

Again don't flat out tell them what your doing.

Now to make sure you are on Eastern Arc right?
You don't need Eastern Arc to get Scranton Wilkes Barre locals.
You can get them with the old HD setup that was in the East Before Eastern Arc.

This is what you get per set up.

110/119/61.5 for HD and SD
  • 16 WNEP/ABC ,SD & HD
  • 22 WYOU/CBS ,SD & HD
  • 28 WBRE/NBC ,SD & HD
  • 38 WSWB/CW ,SD
  • 44 WVIA/PBS ,SD
  • 53 WQMY/MY ,SD
  • 56 WOLF/FOX ,SD & HD
1000.4/ 61.5/72.7/77 EA
  • 16 WNEP/ABC , HD
  • 22 WYOU/CBS , HD
  • 28 WBRE/NBC , HD
  • 38 WSWB/CW , SD
  • 44 WVIA/PBS , SD
  • 53 WQMY/MY , SD
  • 56 WOLF/FOX , HD
DISH 500/110/119
  • 16 WNEP/ABC , SD
  • 22 WYOU/CBS , SD
  • 28 WBRE/NBC , SD
  • 38 WSWB/CW , SD
  • 44 WVIA/PBS , SD
  • 53 WQMY/MY , SD Not 100% sure if 61.5 is required
  • 56 WOLF/FOX , SD

Awesome deal guys. I'm pretty tired from the big move. This has worked like a charm. I just did it through chat, and the new locals come right up. Should I leave the boxes unplugged from the phone line? I have internet phone through a company called Phone Power, which is like Vonage, or is it alright to leave them plugged in?

Awesome deal guys. I'm pretty tired from the big move. This has worked like a charm. I just did it through chat, and the new locals come right up. Should I leave the boxes unplugged from the phone line? I have internet phone through a company called Phone Power, which is like Vonage, or is it alright to leave them plugged in?
Internet phone you'll be fine.
Don't worry. Leave them Plugged in.

I'm pretty tired from the big move.
hope you had help with the move ;)

I just did it through chat, and the new locals come right up. Should I leave the boxes unplugged from the phone line?

you can leave it plugged in. You can even keep the phone number on your account as the same

Congrats on the "move". See we told you it would be painless ;)

Yep Enjoy,
I feel bad for all you Pike County Guys that get Stuck with NY locals.:)

But just so you know, Your Football games will now be Eagles first/Giants second on Fox 56,
Pittsburgh First /Jets Second will be on CBS 22.
Meaning if Eagles are on the same time as Giants, You won't see the Giants game.

Yeah Hemi, that is actually another one of my reasons for switching. I am a Jets and Giants hater. I grew up in Orange county NY, and was always stuck with those two teams. I would much rather have the PA games.
After moving out of home, I lived in Milford PA for about 13 years, and had Blue Ridge cable. We actually got both Scranton and NYC locals with Blue Ridge, which was really cool for watching football. Moving from Milford, PA to Matamoras, PA we really missed the Scranton locals, more so for news and weather, but also the football games.

Yeah Hemi, that is actually another one of my reasons for switching. I am a Jets and Giants hater. I grew up in Orange county NY, and was always stuck with those two teams. I would much rather have the PA games.
After moving out of home, I lived in Milford PA for about 13 years, and had Blue Ridge cable. We actually got both Scranton and NYC locals with Blue Ridge, which was really cool for watching football. Moving from Milford, PA to Matamoras, PA we really missed the Scranton locals, more so for news and weather, but also the football games.
Blue Ridge Cable no longer aloud to carry Fox 5 NY.
Fox 56 had a Sh%^ fit and demand it be pulled from the line up.
So your still not really missing much not having cable locals.
I like Scranton WB locals, But only WNEP 16 Broadcast the News in HD.:(
Guess the others are behind the times.
Channel 53 MY Network is Nice , They Play Phillies,and Yankee Baseball.:up

I already see that they have lots of baseball on channel 56. :)
I was happy to see the WNEP news was in HD tonight. One is better than none.:)
I don't think that I stated this , but here in Matamoras, we are actually serviced by the evil empire cablevision:devil:. Blue Ridge starts somewhere between here and Milford, so even if I had cable, I wouldn't get the Scranton locals, just NY. It really doesn't make any sense to me, but I would imagine that on the borders of different states that things get a little funky with which local networks are carried.

I also live in Pike Co. (Greentown), I am actually close enough to get Scranton locals via OTA antenna. I keep NY and get Scranton for free and with guide info to boot. I didn't know that Blue Ridge dropped fox 5. I was at my mother's place earlier this past week and didn't notice NY's fox was not on her cable there either (She has Blue Ridge).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts