Want Sirius Now?

I got it to work with my EarthLink dialup service, although the quality is not as good as what it may be on broadband. Thanks for the file. I think the content that Sirius has beats what Dish has currently.

[

If you want to see what the artist and title of the song you are listening to you need to turn on Captions and Subtitles in Windows Media Player.

Scott -- Thanks for the link -- love it! But, even tho I turned on captions and subtitles I am not getting the artist/title info.

Any thoughts?

Craig

This is great, thanks.

I get the list of channels in Media Player. If I double click on a channel to listen to it, it's listing now says only "Sirius". It plays fine, but after switching to a few different channels, now I have a listing of many channels that only read "Sirius". Is this a Media Player bug? I have Windows XP with all updates and the newest Media Player.

Keith.

Sorry guys I can't support the media player problems. Most of them are Microsoft player bugs and problems.

Below is what your display should look like (this is from Windows XP and Windows Media 9)

Attachments

• mediaplayer.jpg
    mediaplayer.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 250
Scott Greczkowski said:
Sorry guys I can't support the media player problems. Most of them are Microsoft player bugs and problems.

Below is what your display should look like (this is from Windows XP and Windows Media 9)

Thanks -- Turning on the visualizations did it!

Craig

keith said:
This is great, thanks.

I get the list of channels in Media Player. If I double click on a channel to listen to it, it's listing now says only "Sirius". It plays fine, but after switching to a few different channels, now I have a listing of many channels that only read "Sirius". Is this a Media Player bug? I have Windows XP with all updates and the newest Media Player.

Keith.

Keith, I get the same thing. whenever I select a channel "sirius" overwrites it.

I think it is an issue with the way they are naming the music streams. I'd bet the initial name list is stored in that shortcut and then once you listen to a channel it gets an "update" on the right name via the digital stream. I'd bet that sirius has some issues with how they label their streams and it just defaults to something. So, it would be a feature and not a bug. :smug

Is there going to be a package deal for the mobile Sirius service if you're a dishnetwork subscriber?

As mentioned by Marc Lumpkin in his emails to me, no marketing info is available yet. I would expect a special for Dish Subscribers like a radio for $50 with a 1 year subscription to Sirius or something like that. :)

dlsnyder said:
What kind of deals will Dish offer to Sirius subs?
We'll probably find out after E* announces their plans for HD.
Unrelated, but that far off.

I *SUSPECT* there will be no deal for Sirius subs. E* is putting a lot into their current marketing, and they wouldn't want to dilute it by having better deals for a few. The new customer deals are good enough.

IIRC Sirius is only $12.99 per month. Any monthly discount would need to be minor. Perhaps $3 off Sirius if you have an active E* account. The most help that could be provided is a better discount on Sirius equipment. IE: Really cheap radios to go along with the really cheap satellite receivers.

Sirius subscribers would already have the radio. Perhaps a second radio would be offered?

All to be determined, let alone to be announced!

JL

ROLLTIDE said:
I personaly don't think that this link should be posted on the net cause They can stop the feeds at anytime . This is for Subsribers only .

It's a shame that XM doesn't do this

The reason this file is posted is the sound quality is the lowest (35Kbps). FM radio quality sound is 64Kbps, near CD quality is 96Kbps, and CD quality is 128Kbps. When you use the file its like listening to AM radio in stereo, really terrible.

The file is supposed to be for subcribers only so they can listen while there at work. I posted the link 6 months ago on anouther site and got an email that told me not to ever post the link again . My feed was better than 35kbps so maybey it was a different link .

justalurker said:
IIRC Sirius is only $12.99 per month. Any monthly discount would need to be minor. Perhaps $3 off Sirius if you have an active E* account.
OK, after looking at the Sirius site - they HAVE an annual plan for $10 per month. I really don't see it dropping below that.

IMHO: Keep looking for equipment discounts. When it is determined.
Or play BingoTV. They like to give a way Sirius receivers.

JL

XM is already $10 a month so wouldnt Sirius want to compete against that? Perhaps they figure if they lose less than 30% of the potential subsribers because of the price being 30% higher than they will see a higher profit than what it would be at $10 or be able to use that $3 to give special offers to their customers.

The DJ on XM's 80's Channel is a friend of mine. I enjoy listening to him.

I do enjoy 80's music, although I am more of a classic rock fan. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts