Want to Beta Test?

I signed up, but it doesn't appear the site is all that different that Dish.Sling.com.

I maybe thought that this was to test out Sling's Flash-based player that they were talking about @ CES. Does the site still require a plug-in to be installed? (I forgot to sign up for this the other night. Will have to remember when I get home.)

Got my invitation today. Thing is I didn't sign up for it. I already have a 722k and own a sling hd, so i'm not sure if it was just dumb chance or since I have both and both are dish properties they knew this and I fall in their wheel house for this beta or what. Stuck at the main screen with "loading dvr info" though. True beta testing I guess.

I'm in but its basically just hulu relabeled. There's the option of accessing your DVR but it hasn't been activated yet, at least not for me. I dont' see sling anywhere, it's probably within the DVR option that isn't working for me at the moment.

I'm one

Want to help DISH Network test their next generation website?

DISH Network is now accepting BETA applications at Dishonline.com!

You might get the chance to help shape the future of DISH Networks offerings!

They just emailed me today to become one. I didn't even ask here to do it. I had over a year ago back when I talked to Matt had offered to be a beta tester so maybe that's why they contacted me. So maybe I'll get to test other thing in the future as well. Like the next big hot thing to come out. Heck if a 922 just happened to show up w/ an HD sling box I wouldn't get upset at all.

Got the e-mail today. However, when I go to sign in using the same e-mail/password used for the regular dishnetwork.com web site, I am getting an error message indicating that I can't log on due to technical difficulties - oh well, it's a beta test... hopefully issue will be addressed.

They finally fixed things yesterday and I am now able to log in.

I have mixed feelings on it...

I love that you can access the movies from EPIX and STARZ from the site, but the rest of it is all shows from HULU.

A lot of the channels they have listed they only have clips and not full episodes. But for the EPIX and STARZ the movies are there and look good. I actually watched my favorite car chase last night again as I watch the Blue Brothers on Starz. :) I love that movie. :D

I still can't log into the accounts page on dishnetwork.com

I called Dish and they were not able to delete my online account. I dunno what's going on.

Does it require a new 2 year commitment? lol :)

ha!

i been doing this for a month. like scott, i have mixed feelings. at the start i was able to watch hbo - guess thay took that away?
its gonna be cool for some poeple, not real special in my world. i dont care to watch tv on the computer.

edit: no 922 here just a 722 with ethernet connect. i do get the impression that they COULD enable remote view from dvr on 722 without sling, if they wanted. i think the technology is possible. but who knows.

Anyone else get the email requesting dish network account numbers today, and the fact that according to some dish's servers were hacked into leaking beta testers emails to everyone who has a gmail account? I'm surprised that no one has posted it. Im a little peeved at the whole emails getting leaked thing as one of them was mine.

Anyone else get the email requesting dish network account numbers today, and the fact that according to some dish's servers were hacked into leaking beta testers emails to everyone who has a gmail account? I'm surprised that no one has posted it. Im a little peeved at the whole emails getting leaked thing as one of them was mine.

I have a gmail account but the email was sent to another account for the email I received.

Noticed your plea for HDRSN's also in your reply.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts