Want to get a Dish 500+, to replace my 121 Superdish

aeris

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I have DHPP, but because of the "rumors", which I can't specify (Pub Member thing) , I would like to change out my Superdish, to a Dish 500+, with DN installing it?

I don't want to pay like $100 for this, so how can I convince Dish to do this for around $50, or less?

Thanks.

From what I was told the mandate was on service calls to use a 500+ Repoint Kit and go ahead and move the cust to the 118.7. So see if you can get a service call and get the tech to replace the LNB with the new Repoint LNB.

From what I was told the mandate was on service calls to use a 500+ Repoint Kit and go ahead and move the cust to the 118.7.
When I got my 1000 installed last year, I asked why they weren't using a SuperDish anymore.... Besides the LNB issues they had with them, the only reason for the SuperDish for my area was the "locals". Those are on 129' now, which the 1000 sees. Anyway, if they had any service calls related to low signal or failing LNBs on a SuperDish, the normal thing to do was swap in a 1000 dish.

So, call in and complain that you're ALWAYS losing signal when watching your locals.

to Dish 500+ from dish 121

I had two appts. with dish network to do just that.
Both times the contract installer did not have the needed equipment.
I wanted to receive Sat 118.7 instead of 121.
Dish said they can do that by adjusting my dish 121.
The installers disagree.
Then Dish said, they would install 500+ but needed another 18 mos commitment and $59.95 for the installation. Plus, they wanted to turn off my foreign channels until the new dish in installed.
My wife said: Hell no!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts