Want to get rid of your mpeg-2 HD Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagmandan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
I'll pay $30 plus shipping if you have upgraded to the H20 and want to get rid of your old receiver. I need a receiver for my EDTV (I don't care much about not being able to get future HD channels).. It has to do the following:

Work with DirecTV
Put out 480p on a component cable
Have an RF remote

Email me at dan_hoffard@hailmail.net if you are interested.

Thanks,
Dan

Don't take any offers for RCA DTC-210s because they have a bug where 4:3 programs aren't shown in the correct aspect ratio. Worst directv receiver I've ever owned.

Maybe a dumb question, but at my local Best Buy I can buy an H10 for $199 and get a $200 rebate. Why not get one for free? This is for current and new subscribers. Of course you could get an H20 for the same deal.

Mike Hayden said:
Maybe a dumb question, but at my local Best Buy I can buy an H10 for $199 and get a $200 rebate. Why not get one for free? This is for current and new subscribers. Of course you could get an H20 for the same deal.

Well, you still have to pay sales tax and then wait for the rebate checks to show up. And reusing equipment is environmentally friendly.

Offering $30.00 for a used unit is kinda low, and with RF remote.. and I've doubt you will get any DTV HD receiver higher then the 1st generation ones.

But good luck to you friend, you just never know nowadays :yes.

PS: Look into the E8 from Hughes, those go for about $80 or so with RF remotes

I actually own the Hughes hird-e86.. Its what I used to use on my big TV until I got the H20. I can't use the hird-e86 on my cheap EDTV because it only puts out 1080i and the EDTV won't downconvert.

in the menu of the E86 there is an option to change output format. I think they have 480p, 480i, and 1080i. Dont remember exactly. There is also a shortcut, the yellow action button and then there is a HD/SD button.

I have two Panasonic TUHDS20 that are in great condition for sale! No remote though! But, it will output all the sources and even have a Native selection. Also they come with the cards all ready in them. Great for 2nd or 3rd HD receiver for $50 each! Plus for those who don't have you LIL HD MPEG4 channels yet, this is a great way to get another HD receiver swapped for free! PM me if your interested! I you want both, Ill sell them for together for $90! Plus S/H fee at UPS ground rate to you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts