Want to hear for former DishNetwork Subscibers on equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As mentioned previoiusly, D*'s recvrs do 50 Timers, unless your using the HR34.

Yes, and Dish had timer limits too, but they were less predictable as they had something to do with total upcoming recordings, so I guess as I think back, DirecTV does better in this respect since you know up front what the limitation is.

I'll take that a step further. The combo of the ever twitchy eSATA and the fact that it replaces and not adds to the HR makes it a terrible solution. Actually more like not a solution at all.
I have one eSATA EHDD that worked fine with my HR20 -700 till one day it didn't, lost everything on that drive... hooked it to my livingroom ViP622 (it had both eSATA & USB ports) reformatted and it has worked fine for a couple years...

I'll take that a step further. The combo of the ever twitchy eSATA and the fact that it replaces and not adds to the HR makes it a terrible solution. Actually more like not a solution at all.

I've never had a problem with the ESATA connections.
The being able to swap drives from one to another and the fact that you can't see the internal if you have a EHD, are things that I think could be solved if D* wanted to address them.

I have one eSATA EHDD that worked fine with my HR20 -700 till one day it didn't, lost everything on that drive... hooked it to my livingroom ViP622 (it had both eSATA & USB ports) reformatted and it has worked fine for a couple years...

Problem is, it had to Re Format !
Would like an option that it didn't do that.

However then D* would have to deal with people moving thier stored shows from recvr to recvr.

Which is why Im debating even using an EHD with the HR34.

With the HR34 having a limited amount of space on it's HD (I haven't heard what that is yet), is a reason for me to Keep the HR24's going as I have a much larger amount of space available to me.

I've never had a problem with the ESATA connections.
The being able to swap drives from one to another and the fact that you can't see the internal if you have a EHD, are things that I think could be solved if D* wanted to address them.

I had a, well I still have, a WD something or other with eSATA. Never would work at all with the HR21 I had at the time. Then I went to Dish for a couple years and used it with the USB port on it and am now using it on my iMac. When researching the out-of-box eSATA drives were the hinky ones, and you could go to a couple different eSATA enclosures that would work, but they were noisy.

In the end, I decided that since they don't add to the storage and you lose all the video if you have to change equipment, that it just wasn't much of a benefit. I still feel that way and wish D* would change how they support EHDs.

Problem is, it had to Re Format !
Would like an option that it didn't do that.

However then D* would have to deal with people moving thier stored shows from recvr to recvr.
Which is where Dish trumps Directv in archiving, any receiver / dvr in the same class will play from the EHDD as long as they are on your account...

With Directv if your dvr is dying or dies, bye bye archive, with Dish if it is on the EHDD it is good. :)

Yep, and that is a very big plus for Dish to be doing it that way. I used to put movies on my archive drive that I knew I would watch more than once. Very convenient.

is that ability any part of why they have so many legal troubles?

I doubt it. The DRM is still tied to the account.

Of course, the content providers are so hinky about content protection, who the heck can keep up? :) Well, other than all the overpaid lawyers working with all too many companies protecting bogus crap! But I digress...

Well I hope I do not regret it and the people here will be the first to know If I do but I ordered Direct tonight after 8 years with Dish.

Well I hope I do not regret it and the people here will be the first to know If I do but I ordered Direct tonight after 8 years with Dish.

Welcome and Congratulations !

Let us know how you like it and if you have any questions, feel free to ask !

I was with Dish nearly 14 years and switched to Direct last month.

I like it better except for the long delay when changing channels.

I doubt if you will regret the switch. But unless you want it, be sure to cancel NFL Sunday ticket and Sunday Ticket-to-go after the season ends or they will automatically renew it. Same goes for the Premium channels after 3 months.

I have just switched from dish network on Dec.28 and the only thing that I am really disappointed in is the remote. On the dish remote I could control the volume on my denon AV receiver while having it in the dish mode. The direct tv remote you have to switch to AV1 to control the volume.

I have just switched from dish network on Dec.28 and the only thing that I am really disappointed in is the remote. On the dish remote I could control the volume on my denon AV receiver while having it in the dish mode. The direct tv remote you have to switch to AV1 to control the volume.
I'm not at home right now, but I'm pretty sure I saw something in the menus at on-screen at one time that allowed you to choose which device controlled the volume on the remote.

Hocken said:

You need to lock the volume to AV1

Try this

Move slider to AV1
Hold mute and select until the green light blinks twice
Press 9 9 3 (two blinks)
Then press Select (two blinks)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts