Want to know when D* is launching the new HD Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Honest to God, never ever have had a conversation with an attorney for any major company that did not identify himself by name, can't even imagine it.

Yes I checked up the caller ID for the caller, and it is a LA Lawfirm, and they do list DirecTV as a client.

I am not worried though they have no case. And I can actually sue them. :)

Just because the sat is up and showing signals that doesn't mean they will be actually broadcasting today?? Am I correct??

Just because the sat is up and showing signals that doesn't mean they will be actually broadcasting today?? Am I correct??
Correct. But it does mean they CAN broadcast as soon as they uplink the channels to that transponder.

Trying to decide if I should go home for the day or just stay till 5. At the current rate we'll still be just looking at signals at 5!! At any rate fun to follow all the info pouring in.

Interesting note, when I went into my to do list today it has the Phillies?Cardinals games (3) scheduled for next week on channel 647 with (and this is what made it interesting) the HD icon!

This is the document that broke the camel's back for me. The fact that it lists MTV, VH1 and CMT as separate HD channels flies in the face of DIRECTV's note on their HD Access web page that they will be adding MHD "soon".

It also lists MHD in the HD Extra Pack.

MTV + VH1 = reality programming.

CMT = whatever it is.

MHD = is the new channel MTV starts every 5 years that actually plays music for a while until changing their format.

MTV -VH1 and CMT are coming but not until next year.

Its possible they have signed deals for these channels, for now however MHD is a combo of all 3.

Am I reading this wrong? It seems to me that all HD subs will get all the available HD programming associated with their base packages. DirecTV is creating a new HD pack called HD Extra for those unique channels, such as MHD, MGM-HD, UHD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, etc., that don't have a corresponding standard definition channel and are charging $4.99 for it and all current DirecTV HD subscribers are grandfathered in the new package. That is the way I view the .pdf. The only people who have to pay the 4.99 are new HD subs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)